Think toto is dying

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairebee1

OMG i think my boy is giving up hes so frail right now so thin and so slowly moving he wont accept treats water or food what can i do theres no vets open at this time how do i make him comfy ? :cry4: :cry4: :cry4: :cry4:
This is the hardest thing ivee ever seen and went through he wont let me nurse him he wants to go back into his shoebox with this blankets :cry4: :cry4: :cry4:

our girl Mouse just got back from vet, she has pneumonia. She got some antibotics, but she wont eat or drink. The dr. said she may not make it thru the weekend, and then again she may. She is 2 years and 4 months old.

I am sorry about toto. It is difficult when you love them so much.

When my rats get to this stage, some like to cuddle with me while others prefer to be alone. I do what they want, if they don't want to eat, I don't force it. I'd keep him warm, on a fleece and just sit by him so you can say your goodbyes.
I'm so sorry. :(

I don't think they really need pain relief. Unless you think he's suffering, then it would be best to having him put to sleep by a vet. :(

Back