They were on SALE for $5.00 though...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Yep, PJ's normally sells their fancy pet rats for $25.00 but these guys were on SALE for only $5.00. :roll:

So a 13 year old boy picked up a pair of adolescent males 2 months ago, stuck them in a 10 gallon tank, on pine and seed mix. They never got handled or even named. :sad3:

They came to me in a cardboard box a big one that was open on the top, so the poor little guys had to endure me ripping the corners of their box so I could make a "lid" to hold down and hide the sight of "ewww rats!" from the other subway riders.

They are nervous but not nippy or unhandleable, just nice nice boys who need to find out that humans are Good and can give them Good Things :thumbup:

Noname 1 is a poor PEW dumbo, but he reminds me a little of Duds :mrgreen: Noname 2 is an agouti, gorgeous a lot like Sawyer :thumbup: He's the shy one, whereas the PEW is the explorer, very confident in himself. :giggle:

In their box (the smell of pine was burning my nose on the way home)
newboys1oct20.jpg

Noname 1
newboyPEW2oct20.jpg

newboyPEW3oct20.jpg

newboyPEW1oct20.jpg

newboyPEW4oct20.jpg

Noname 2
newboyagouti3oct20.jpg

newboyagouti4oct20.jpg

newboyagouti2oct20.jpg

I put him in the rat box, and he would lean and stretch far out but keep his body inside the safety of the box :lol"
newboyagouti1oct20.jpg

But as I look over 10 mins later, the PEW is eating the edible log shak, and the agouti is checking out the table littler by little. :joy:

Aww, they're sweet. If nobody want them I can make room. I've got to move Elvis into a seniors residence anyway. :wink2:

a few more pics as they relax..the PEW was much too busy checking things out to pose pretty but has now :)

I would say these 2 are in the range of 5-7 months of age. :mrgreen:

together
newboys2oct20.jpg

newboyPEW7oct20.jpg

newboyPEW6oct20.jpg

newboyPEW5oct20.jpg

MumsyRat said:
Aww, they're sweet. If nobody want them I can make room. I've got to move Elvis into a seniors residence anyway. :wink2:

If you want them Elizabeth you can pick them up afterwards on Sunday?

We pulled them for Lynds as a "save" but if you want them they are yours. Otherwise I will just foster them until Lynds comes down for a big food run at Ren's. :thumbup:

Back