They like to swim!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeaganMonster

I thought the girls might like a small tub of water to splash in, and well they love it.
So we tried them out in the tub...

I never thought I'd see a rat happily swimming, but apparently ours are tub-rats!

Anyone ever had their fur-balls do this?

Our Abby loves splashing in the tub. She even has cotton baby bath toys she pushes and pulls around. really funny watching her pull a sea turtle around :laugh4:

Oh good they're not the only ones!
I think they look cute swimming.
:giggle:

I snapped some photos of them drying off earlier - I'll have to remember to snap some of them playing in the tub.

yea he is pretty good. he gave me a lot of help when i was introducing my two boys together (just before i joined here, i was having a bit of trouble. My boys arent so fond of water, so i found his video and now Patrick will go after glass beads in the bottom of a shallow bowl :D kinda like pea-fishing, but not lol

I have had a couple rats that loved to play in the water.....and to swim. I think my new baby Phoebe will like the water....she loves getting right in a bowl of water to play.....

You know what i love, when rats get water on their feet and they shake them like crazy over and over again - just to dip their feet back in the water. Its so cute :D

I never had any rats that loved water in the seven rats I dealt with. They all hated it or just felt neutral about it but still wanted to come out without panic. Too bad, I would like a water rat to swim with me in the bath tub :giggle:

I've had some rats enjoy the tub and just waddle around, that was a long time ago... I should try that again when the weather is warmer.

Wetrats01.jpg

i used to have a rat that tolerated baths but LOVED showers. she would bounce and popcorn and attack the drops of water then go to the back and shake and groom off as much water as she could to then drive back in and attack more water drops. only one that ever liked the shower.

one of the babies i raised from spider and snicketts litters LOVED baths. he wasn't too fond of the water itself but would brux and boggle his little heart out when it was time to rub in the soap and then scratch the soap out with the rinse.

A former Forum member (can't recall her user name at the moment) had some great photos of her rats swimming in the bathtub with their dog. Mine hate the water.

Jorats, great photo! Wet ratties are so cute.

Back