Thelma's Thread - Tons of pics - Dial Up Warning

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdventureRats

Since I just put Thelma up as my avatar I thought I'd share a few pictures of her. First I will start with her story and I'll make it short.

Thelma came to me from a big rescue in Northern California. She and her sister Louise had been living in a van with a homeless lady and many other animals. The story I got was that a raccoon got into the van and attacked the smaller animals. Thelma lost the tip of her tail and Louise had a bad eye injury. Animal control found out about the situation somehow and the animals where removed. Sadly Louise was pretty weak when she arrived and despite everything I did for her she passed away within 2 months of being with me. I had introduced them to another girl in my group so Thelma wasn't all alone. However when her new friend passed Thelma seemed to have had enough heart ache and refused to be nice to any other rats. So she bonded very closely with me and we spent hours a day together. I was truly her best friend and everybody knew it and you could see the love for me in her eye's and vis versa. Only when she was an old lady did she decide to make friends, and that was after months of trying and trying, with my old man Moose. It wasn't long after that, that Moose passed away one night in his sleep. Thelma must have been heart broken because she passed about a week later. I was on vacation when she passed and I had never felt so guilty or been so heart broken in my life. Thelma was truly an amazing girl and she will be with me forever. I was very blessed to have had her with me for a little over 2 years.

Now onto some of my favorite pictures of my sweet girl.

On vacation at Lake Tahoe
T.jpg

HelloFromTahoe.jpg

Sleeping on the bed
TSleep5.jpg

TSleep4.jpg

TSleep2.jpg

The 2 of us napping together
sleepytime.jpg

Napping with my ex-bf...she looks like she's giving kisses
PICT5329.jpg

Look at those eyes
Thelma12.jpg

Her butt...Louise is the little black girl, you can see the eye injury
PICT3639.jpg

Hangin' out on the couch
HeyThere.jpg

PICT5310.jpg

PICT5306.jpg

Thelma was an expert box destroyer she'd have them in pieces within a day or 2...here she is saying hi to Schmitty
PICT6011.jpg

And finally with Moose
PICT6299.jpg

PICT6294.jpg

PICT6276.jpg

Sorry about all the pictures...hope you enjoyed!!

Don't be sorry. That was a lovely story. So glad they both found their way to you. What a sweet couple, Thelma and Moose made.

A most wonderful story and the pictures are fantastic. I loooove the one of the two of you napping. She really was your girl.

I also want to say, people like you, rescuing rats in need are the most wonderful kind. There are so many rats in shelters or in classifieds so needing us.

Rats in your area are really so lucky to have you there.

:urock:

Lord, I can't tell you which pic is my favorite!!! Love the "on the bed" ones, "on the couch" one, the kisses one, the sleeping with you one, the Moose ones...

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ...LOL!!!

Awesome when the choice is so hard isn't it? 8)!!! :D

Back