the wilson boys and serraphim-Bribery LIVES!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm helping bribery cross over tomorrow. the meds are only barely keeping him stable, he's tired. i don't think i'm going to be around for awhile. when i get back i'll post his memorial and all the pictures i promised. i have them loaded, i just can't bring myself to go through them now. i'm sorry i'm always late in getting promised pics up.

I'm so sorry. You did everything you could. Don't worry about posting photos; we can wait. Your first priority has to be taking care of yourself and your human & ratty family.

thank you for your understanding. turns out i get to hold him for one more day as the vet could not get all of us in today. twix (25 mths) has a small hard lump between her groin and thigh that needs looking at. tasche (11 mths) has a lump that you can feel but not see on the other side of the groin then twix. that's a little young and a little old to have mamorary tumors right? serraphim needs her teeth trimmed and maybe put back on antibiotics (i'm not sure if her head tilt is worse or not-she already has permanent damage from her last bout with ear infection) and chop suey needs his abscess lanced... 5. 5 rats need the vet.

last night i slept on the couch with bribery. i woke up with bribery curled to my side under the blankets, sessho laying on my legs and minion pinning my feet (he never sleeps on me). it was a nice way to wake up. i'll probably be doing the same tonight. knowing he has to go in but not being able to take him is oddly draining.

:happydance: he's alive! :bunnydance:

i stopped giving meds to bribes on friday. they weren't helping and i knew then that i was going to take him in, so friday was his last day of meds. saturday he started having breathing panic attacks. sunday they were worse, 3 in one night. last night, none. he started eating on his own. he was interested in what was going on around him. he bruxxed and boggled happily for me. this morning he tucked in to my scrabbled eggs and just chowed. his breathing is still fast. he's not going to be cured. but he's happy now. i took him to the vet. told her i don't understand why he's feeling better but that he was. told her i stopped the meds. she listened to him and said that it seemed he sounded a bit better, still crackles there like always but that she could hear the air passing through too. he's more congested on the right then the left. she said that maybe he was having a bad reaction to the antibiotics and they were making him feel worse. as rats can't vomit he couldn't relive it but he would still feel gross. so we decided to keep him on pred every other day to keep his appetite boosted and let him enjoy himself as much as he wants. we may only have a week, we could have a month or more. for now he's here and happy. and so am i! :joy:

update on the others:

Serraphim had her teeth trimmed. she should be able to eat a bit better now. :thumbup:

Twix is on antibiotics to see if they help any. the lumps are suspected to just be swollen lymph nodes. which means she is reacting to some sort of infection in her system. it is still possible that they are mammary tumors so we'll see what happens with the antibiotics. :?

Tasche has a small mammary tumor that seems very attached. we are to monitor it and wait. there is no problems so far. when it gets bigger and if we feel there may be a need to remove they will need to do an exploratory before they will be able to say if they can remove it. if it removable though they will just do it then. hopefully we won't have to worry about that for quite some time though. :thumbup:

chop suey's abscess by his scrotum has cleared up. the lump by his penis did not change. given the placement and feel though and the fact that it didn't change at all the vet feels fairly confident that it is just scar tissue from the neuter. :doh: we are to watch it and if it gets bigger to bring him back to the vet. she doesn't think it will though. :thumbup:

so 5 rats in and 5 live rats out. we're happy with that. :thumbup: though the vet can took a hit some bad. even with the vet not charging for everything that she could have (and probably should have) it was still $130.... ouch... :wallbang: but bribery still lives so we're not really too concerned with the price. :hugs:

twitch said:
:happydance: he's alive! :bunnydance:

we may only have a week, we could have a month or more. for now he's here and happy. and so am i! :joy:

:hugs:

That is GREAT news. We never really know how long we have with them anyways. Enjoy your gifted time with him!!

it has certainly been a topsy turvy couple of days. but i am so happy with the ending so far. i think its a miracle and i don't really believe in those. normally there is a reason. but even if it was a bad reaction to the medications that can logically explain it, it feels like so much more. perhaps this is what they mean when they say attachment clouds judgment, but i really don't care. my logical mind can be damned. i'm just happy. and yeah, its likely bribes will get all the more spoilt... in reality this is only a reprieve. he's still sick. he's always going to be sick. but after the last couple days i don't care if its only an extra hour (which it hasn't been). he's been so lively and active today. still not the old bribes, he may never come back completely, but so much closer to it then he has been in what feels like ages. he felt so tired before. so sad. now, he's happy again. the joy that brings, when we were so close to losing him, its indescribable! what a roller coaster!

Back