The weather... it's so hot!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachael

What is the weather like where you are?
It's been hot almost all week, a day or two cooler, but today it is very hot... the rats bottles done this morning which is not long after they were last done, and fruit ice cubes in the fridge for them for later on. :bow: Poor little people... gets so hot in my rooms upstairs :emb:

It's freaking me out, i'm so scared for them!! I can't win, if I leave the window shut it's too hot, if I open it, it's way too loud for them :-( good opportunity to get them swimming, though! I've put a couple of frozen bottles of water in their cage and got a fan. will look into getting one of those cold marble thingys as well.

I hate hot weather so much!
it's not tooo bad today in cardiff, but yesterday I could hardly move, too hot and sticky and suffocating :-( evil!
please tell me it's going to get cooler!

Leave the window open, they should get used to the noise - better tha get too hot. :)
Put something like a bowl in their cage with cold water and some frozen veggies like carrot and peas for them. You could leave a bottle of water in the fridge overnight, so when you fill it in the morning, the water is very cool. And the same in the morning, put a bottle in to fill that night.

Man, it's barely been topping 60F here, and raining. Chilly. Windows closed, definitely. But we're moving today, and the high where we're going is 85 tomorrow. Woot! Lots of fans and frozen tiles for the boys, that's for sure!

Its 77F outside here right now, and i live in the north east which isn't the warmer or driest part of the country, LOL
The clouds have just rolled over so its so stupidly humid. My poor rats are still peafishing. Im trying to crush icecubes small enough to fit in the water bottles

I'm..... BOILING. My little sister convicned me to go on the trampoline and pour water everywhere and jump into it.... sun brings out a childihsh site :blush:

Hot is normal here, though this year the weather has been odd. On any normal year, it'd be in the 90's up to the low 100's by now. This year the weather can't seem to make up its mind, keeps switching back and forth (within a days time! makes it hard on everyone) from 60's to 80-90's with threat of rain or drizzle in between. (We NEVER get rain, so that alone is unusual.) Said to be an El Nino year, that's why the strange weather patterns. Next year will probably be back to normal.

Its hot here also tomorrow we install the AC! Yay i can not wait lol and night its still nice and cool but the day time kills.

We bought the ratties a mini kiddie pool from the dollarama store the other day too hehe get them use to water.

Whew! You're telling me! You're all saying you like being outside, you wouldn't at my job! I've got a really impressive tomato-red sunburn from forgetting my sunscreen lol.
I love my job, but I wish it'd stay 71F allllll the time.

ZoeHale said:
Whew! You're telling me! You're all saying you like being outside, you wouldn't at my job! I've got a really impressive tomato-red sunburn from forgetting my sunscreen lol.
I love my job, but I wish it'd stay 71F allllll the time.

I'm very fair skinned, I never tan, I just burn :?

I do like being outside though, we just spent months inside and I want freee. :thumbup:

You're darn right it's hot lol

I work outdoors and it was 30+ (Celsius) with the high UV index and humidity...it SUCKED! And I hear you about being fair skinned and just burning: I'm the exact same way...in fact I got a burn today and I have to go back out tomorrow and maybe Monday :cry4:

:giggle: Lol no

Lovely here too..... but I can't go outside. The rat cages are stinking, so about 15 cages to clean today, in the boiling playroom. Kill me now. :cry:

Back