The trio

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that fabric!!! Big fans of polka-dots here.
upaha4yh.jpg
e9y5e8e6.jpg

Hehe thank you. I found some pretty and cheap fleece blankets at walmart so I bought a bunch and made a couple sets.

I LOVE the pink polka dot theme you have in the cage! It looks really neat when you have it on all levels of the cage :)

Hmm ironically I never thought of grabbing blankets. I always just go to the remnants pike at the fabric outlet and hope that they will have more available than just stained pastels.

(Thought bubble) hmm me thinks a trip to WM tomorrow is called for...

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Awww, such beautiful babies you have! And I love the photo of one of them playing in Daddy's pants leg! :D

Walmart has great cheap fleece blankets! Though they are about half the thickness of fleece by the yard from Joanns, they're still a nice way to make some cheap hammocks for your babies!

They sure love to climb around up pant legs and sweaters - those are their favourites. :giggle:

Its been a little while since I've updated pictures, but I spent a good 2 hours cleaning the rat cage tonight because I was too busy playing with the girls! :giggle: I can't believe that the babies are catching up to the older girls, in size.

y7y5edut.jpg

usyga9yv.jpg

7u3a3are.jpg

4ugejaga.jpg

abahajyr.jpg

ubapaqum.jpg

renuvy3e.jpg

uvyvezyv.jpg

zubaveny.jpg

Yes, and you can also get great prices on fleece and flannel from the scraps discount bins at fabric stores.

Rats love the material from sweatshirts and sweatpants too. When my husband or I have a pair of sweatpants that get old or whatever, we just cut the waist/elastic off and use the pants legs as blankies for our babies. They love it.

Rats also LOVE old cotton tee shirts and pillow cases. Those make great blankies! I think cotton tee shirts and pillow cases are nice for when the weather is warmer...the material seems "cooler" for them?

I'm still waiting for the perfect Dumbo male to come into my life: giggle:

That's a good idea! Now I'm sad that I threw away some old sweatshirts the other day. Next time I go through them, I'll have to remember to save some for the ratties :)
I love the discount bins and remenant piles, I find myself always going to those as soon as I get in the store. Joann usually has some really good deals on flannel, I've picked up lots of flannel at $2 a yard!

Pillow cases are a great idea too! We have a bunch that I can refurbish. I have used some old bed sheets for hammock material for the summer. I think its a nice alternative to sleep on those when it gets really hot, they seem to love it :)

Yep, agreed. Those soft cotton pillowcases and sheets are so cooling for the ratties when it is hot! :)

I wonder if a pillow case would fit over the base pan of a CN... I will have to try this. Not sure if thats what you meant about pillow cases, but I think its a good idea! Although they wouldnt last many cage cleans.

Yeah, I usually use large pieces of fleece for the bottom of my boys house or a rectangular fleece or flannel baby blanket (I love getting those at garage sales) and I use pillowcases, tee shirts, sweat pant legs, etc as "cuddle blankies" for my boys. They love to snuggle under them or on top of them.

Back