The NEW, SUPER OFFICIAL, Rat Shack 2011 thread - Sun July 17

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moon

I am posting this way later than I've intended to, I've not been around the forum much since I have so much going on at home.

That aside, let's talk Fest!

It looks like there's going to be a bit of a smaller group this year, but it's not for trying. I know a lot of people are busy.

It will be on Sunday, July 17... lunchtimeish! Show up a bit before noon if possible so we can get everyone eating at once.

So, in this thread, I am looking to find out how many people are coming, and and what sort of grillables you want. I will supply regular hot dogs and hamburgers, as well as vegetarian versions, so please post how many in your party and whether you prefer meat or meat alternatives. Also if you're more likely to just eat hotdogs, or just burgers, or a combo. Whatever.

Usually we do a pot luck sort of thing, and along with grillables I'll supply drinks. The rest is up to you guys! Salads and other side dishes are lovely, as are baked goods. try and give an idea of what you plan on bringing so we don't get repeats. How much potato salad can one person eat?

Finally, we need to figure out if anyone is looking for rides. I do think Shelagh needs a hand getting here from Toronto, but if it comes down to it we can pick up at the GO station in Whitby. I think Zooy has offered to do a GO run if needed but it'll be easier all around if rides can be arranged.

Finally, my information, so people know where they are going! I live at:

1224 Highway 7A
Port Perry Ont
L9L 1B5

http://mapq.st/p57MXc

I live beside the Island Dance studio, and my house has a huge garage. I have a big driveway but if parking is scarce, there's parking at the dance studio as well as the house beside it that is up for sale.

I really really hope people get to come! If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I SWEAR I'll be around more to check PMs!!

Migo and Quita sure hope to hear from everyone :)

IMG_1151.jpg

I've got the fruit tray! (Which I will most likely pick up that morning lol)

Cole and I are coming!!!!
We will come early to help if you'd like?
I will bring potato and mac/ salad!
i'll do a hamburger, Cole will have a hotdog!
Love you, and i'm SO very excited to SEE you!!!!
mmmmmmmWAH!

Wayne, Esamae and I will be coming.

Esamae will eat two hot dogs (she's a BIG eater)
Wayne will have two burgers
Me one burger

I will make a cake (nothing fancy) and brownies. Not sure what cake type I will make, I will see what I have.

LA said:

Me one burger

I will make a cake (nothing fancy) and brownies. Not sure what cake type I will make, I will see what I have.

I enjoy both of those things! Esp. When sour cherry or lemon is involved!

Moon said:
LA said:

Me one burger

I enjoy both of those things! Esp. When sour cherry or lemon is involved!

I could make a lemon cake, I love lemon cake or white cake with lemon in the middle, hmmmmmm I must think on this.

I am sad that I won't be able to make it after all. The one thing that could absolutely stop me -- sickness of my elderly rats -- has happened. Jack is not doing well, and he and Cadillac have become very difficult to medicate, so I can't be that far away for five days. My husband is great caring for them under more straightforward circumstances, but these two may need ER vet service at any time.

So I will be with you all in spirit. My Fest T-shirt (Maritime version!) arrived the other day, and I will wear it on July 17.

I will get there some day!

I plan to be there! :nod:

I have no idea what to bring, can I give it some thought and surprise you?

You can put me down for a veggie dog &/or burger. No meat for me!

See you all soon!

Oh yeah, demon likes meat so a hamburger for me!! Super excited, is Mike cooking??

Sadly, I can't make it this year. The 11 hours of driving on a Sunday is just too much for me. Hopefully next year it will be back on a long weekend, I'll make it then!
Have fun Shackers!!!

jorats said:
Sadly, I can't make it this year. The 11 hours of driving on a Sunday is just too much for me. Hopefully next year it will be back on a long weekend, I'll make it then!
Have fun Shackers!!!

Not trying to make you feel bad but :sad3:

But understandable.

LA said:
jorats said:
Have fun Shackers!!!

Not trying to make you feel bad but :sad3:

But understandable.

I'm pretty much :sad3: too. :(

Unless some money magically falls into my lap or the hubby makes it down by then I won't be able to make it either. Next year!! I swear! Hope you all have fun, oh and have a veggie burger/dog for me MumsyRat! :giggle:

if i can figure out a way there i can be there but im in the boonies staying with my grandmother atm... :/ finger crossed i can pull something off!

BTW: sorry i haven't been around on here guys MAJOR comp issues had to do everything from the itouch thing chris gave me lol but its fixed and i have returned!

Back