The new Rat Sheet in Excel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I have figured out that I need to update my Rat Sheets to be a bit more realistic of what is approaching. All part of my "Facing Things Head On" plan.

I re-did February's after I weighed everyone...

FebRatSheet.jpg

LA said:
Do you weigh them once a week.

Great sheet by the way.

thanks! Lately its been once a month. :( Unless I have a sickie and I am watching their weight carefully, but overall it gives you an idea of what is normal for your rat. Some stay very steady and others fluctuate a bit. It gives you a chance to catch an issue before you might normally realize it just with your eye.

I realize now that I have a lot of older rats. :(

I find mine fluctuate. What number is good fluctuating and what is bad? I don't have my chart in front of me so I can't give an example. But I do know that Hazel went down 21g but I think the first time was the vets scale as opposed to mine so their might have been a difference. My mom misunderstood what I wanted the scale for although I did say to weigh my rats she thought I was weighing the food :roll: so it's not digital. But then the next month she went up 10g.

Godmother said:
That's a great sheet! Have you automated the age calculation and the colouring code?

:doh: LOL
Never even thought of it.

Can I do that even on different sheets? And when I lose rats that will change the placement of the age as well. :(

Excel has such fancy programming features that you can probably get it to eliminate the ones that you code as "RB" (Rainbow Bridge) or that have a date of death, when you are doing other calculations.

I am not very adept at Excel, because I've never spent the time on it, but I have a background in programming and I never like to do anything by hand that can be automated.... lazy me! (of course it's always a big job to get a program working right)

... Oh yes, another question. How did you capture the Excel page to put it in your message? Is there a way to capture any Windows page?

Godmother said:
Excel has such fancy programming features that you can probably get it to eliminate the ones that you code as "RB" (Rainbow Bridge) or that have a date of death, when you are doing other calculations.

I am not very adept at Excel, because I've never spent the time on it, but I have a background in programming and I never like to do anything by hand that can be automated.... lazy me! (of course it's always a big job to get a program working right)

... Oh yes, another question. How did you capture the Excel page to put it in your message? Is there a way to capture any Windows page?

I use the screen capture in IRFan viewer :)
Its also how I resize pics etc. :)

I don't know enough Excel to figure it out, would be lovely for it to be automated though :)

This is frustrating because getting Excel to perform a function is definitely something I was taught. Like highlighting the row and commanding it to execute a certain formula you gave as an input.

Apparently high school had its useful times. :roll: If I find the notes I'll post them here.

Back