The Many Sounds of Pearl

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

Pearl and Lily have taken a 'liking' to each other. I know they like each other because they sleep together. But Pearl is always doing something with Lily. They go nonstop. Lily is quite a talker when she's being picked on, or I guess playing with Pearl. But I have found that Pearl is also quite the talker. Where Lily squeeks, Pearl makes a whole bunch of other noises. She sometimes sounds like she cooing like a pigeon. Or sometimes it sounds like a very low soft growl. I know it's definately not from her lungs. I check them everyday and they are perfectly clear. She has a few different noises she makes.
Anyone had this before.

I had a little girl named Molly who was just like that. You could always hear her talking but I never saw any signs of ill health. To me it was just her special way of distinguishing herself from the others. I wouldn't worry too much - I'm sure you'd know if it was a "bad" sound!

My Rose makes a weird growl noise when she is picking on someone and Clover makes this weird noise almost like she is trying to squeal but she can't get it out. It's funny because I always know who is getting picked on by the noise they make.

I'm getting like that too Melissa, I can now tell by the squeek who is getting picked on.

Yep Jo, and the growl always comes out when she's going after Lily. I have never had a talker before it's so interesting.

Back