The girls visit Dr. Munn

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

This morning the girls had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Munn. What a wonderful vet she is! She spent time with us and made friends with the girls. :)

They are going on a 4 week, 2x dose a day with baytril and doxy. I hope we can kick the respiratory blaws out of them.

But... the girls HATE thier meds, even they are banana flavour. This is going to be a 4 week struggle, lol.

Lol, maybe I will if I have to do this again.

Do you think it's ok to mix it with strawberry ensure or baby cereal?

Remember not to mix the doxy with dairy. Something about it bonding to the dairy and not being absorbed properly.

Its actually calcium that binds to the doxycycline molecules (or something like that) rendering it pretty ineffective.

Looks like Melissa might be learning how to syringe meds into mouths along with LA :)

Try some soy milk in th syrine. Do yours take it freely? If you were to put the syrine in the cage would any of them take it.

Give it a try, Pearl is taking it freely. Although you may have a fight over it if they like it.

Back