The Frenchies!!~ Any updated pics??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sausage4ever

The beginnings of this story can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=12164

So Maple and I went to Simcoe region on June 7th to pick up 20+ rats. They are all here!!!

Legend of Availabilty
Blue = Adopted
Green = Pending Adoption
Purple = Being Fostered
Available

10 Males:
[color=#FF00FF2 Black Adults (Solid and Hooded) [/color]
3 from Litter B (Two Beige, and Black) ~ one Black and one Beige and the one beige w/ Kayla :joy:
2 from Litter A (both Beige) ~ Adopted by Coragirl and the other w/ Kayla :joy:
3 from Litter C (all Beige, two hooded and one solid)

10 Females:
1 @ a year (Beige)
1 @ 6 - 9 months (Beige Hooded) ~ adopted by minuke99 :joy:
2 @ six months (both Beige) ~ One adopted by me and the other by Maple :joy:
2 from Litter A (Beige)
1 from Litter B (Beige)

4 from Litter C (only one Black hooded, and three beige; solid and hooded) ~ the black hooded has been adopted by Maple!!

Then there are the babies;
1 born June 6th
7 born June 9th ~ Litter D (3boys)
12 born June 10th (only five left) ~ w/ minuke99 (the only female from this litter had been adopted by her foster mum ~ 3boys)
Legend:
Litter A - DOB April 26th
Litter B - DOB May 7th
Litter C - DOB May 24th _ Ready to go June 28th
Litter D - DOB June 9th (incl. Rose who was born June 6th) _ Ready to go July 22nd (two girls)
Litter E - DOB June 10th _ Ready to go July 22nd

We took in 27 which quickly turned to 40.

Now there are 8boys left and available for adoption.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of the females there are two that are definitely expecting. I am going to my vet tomorrow and will ask about e-spays. And the other two we aren't sure.
There were three pinkies at lleast but one was dead in the cage and another died during the trip.

The rats are in pretty good condition aside from being on pin, living in filth encrusted cages and eating dog/cat food. They have no scabs or mites. Nobody is fighting and they are all eating well (lab blocks now).

So it seems that at present there are only six available for adoption (the adult males and the four-six week old babies). There is only ONE DUMBO in the mix who is among those who are ready to go.

Thanks again Maple305 you and your hubbie are awesome :bow:

Also thanks lilspaz for the colours!!!

Ive been waiting for this all day!

You guys are amazing :D
I hope everyone is healthy and there is only the two that are pregnant - and if you cant get e-spays done, that they have very tiny litters

Oh my goodness, I was wondering if this was going to happen. Wow... you guys are amazing!!!
Now to rehome. That might be a little harder to do.
Come on rat lovers, we need you!!!

my guess is that they will have small litters. it seems that the previous litters were also small and the stress of living in those conditions, then as good as it is for them all this moving and change is going to be stressful as well. if you can tell that they are pregnant they may be ready to pop any time now as well. what i hope for now is that there are no complications, either with delivery or if possible with e-spays. it seems you lucked out with a bunch of young ones, that should also help with their placement, everyone always wants the babies. i'm glad that the first step went without a hitch, i'll have my fingers crossed that things continue to work as smoothly. :thumbup:

If the girls are visibly preggers (i.e. big ole belly, nervous attitude) are they able to go for e-spays? I think three of the four are nursing, and two of those three looks like their ready to pop. I was going to take the super pregnant ones to the vet tomorrow when I take Caillou to get his lump looked at, should I take the two normal looking ones instead and just get them done?

Dee...I PM'd you. Call me if you need some help. I can take some larger females and house them in my rabbit cage, or one of the preg females in my spare cage from the office. This is a lot for you to handle!!! You're awesome. :joy:

I would think that the girls that do not look pregnant likely need espays if they are old enough to be spayed and are not nursing babies. Hopefully the six week old babies are not pregnant because they are much too young to be spayed by most vets. (jorat's vet may but her vet is a trained exotic vet specializing in rats.)
If you get any rats spayed, they would need to be spayed by a vet experienced at doing sucessful rat spays ... please see the post on things to discuss prior to surgery viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9640

The girls that look pregnant are too far along for e-spays.
They don't look that way until the last week of pregnancy.
Nursing moms can not be spayed either.
We will all hope for small litters.

Sorry that the two young babies died. Does the remaining baby have a good milk belly?
She may need to be alone with her mom so she doesn't have to compete with the much older babies for milk.
Looking forward to lots of pics.

All the females have their nipples out. So I'm thinking any of them could be nursing the current litter or waiting to give birth. the chance for spays seems quite slim. *sigh*

I have taken the 4-week old girls out (not incl. the runt) from being in with the mothers just because there are impending litters. Pics will be here by tomorrow night hopefully.

You wonderful amazing person you!! Hugs to you sausage4ever :heart: (your heart huggability sure overcomes your name huggability). I send good hopes to each & every kid. And hope that something really magically good happens for you.

It was a looooooooong 10 hours, but regardless of what happened, we did it. Just wanted to say THANKS to you for your help and THANKS to my hubby for supporting me..........AGAIN! This would never have happened without team work. Those little ratties have no idea, just how lucky they are. :tumkiss:

Fidget said:
And Maple & hubby, same sentiments to you! I sure hope something real sweet happens for you! Hugs!

Thank You. Oh and just to let you know, something sweet has already happened.......their safe :cuddle:

OKay the moment you have all been waiting for...Pics of all the Rescues!!!

I have named all of them already just for identification purposes please feel free to rename them if you take a few home :cheeky:. All the names are words in french I thought it would be different and I'm totally jonsing to go back to Montreal so this is as close a I get! MDR (LOL en francais).

Cage 1 _ Two Males
DSCF1614.jpg

Fantom (Black hooded) and Loup-Garou ~ Werewolf
DSCF1612.jpg

DSCF1613.jpg

Cage 2 _ Two Males
DSCF1615.jpg

Chiot ~ Puppy
DSCF1619.jpg

DSCF1618.jpg

Chatton ~ Kitten
DSCF1621.jpg

Cage 3.0 _ Mom & 4week(?) olds
DSCF1622.jpg

DSCF1653.jpg

Soliel ~ Sun aka Gaterie ~ Little Treat
DSCF1630.jpg

Males:
Poussin ~ Chick
DSCF1624.jpg

Chauve-Souris ~ Bat
DSCF1628.jpg

Hooded...Nuage ~ Cloud
DSCF1652.jpg

Females:
Hibou ~ Owl
DSCF1629.jpg

Porcelet and Poulain ~ Piglet and Foal
DSCF1644.jpg

Bon-Bon ~ Candy
DSCF1646.jpg

Cage 3.5 _ Mom & 2 week olds + Pinkie
Poupet ~ Doll
DSCF1663.jpg

DSCF1668.jpg

Biscuit (Black hooded), Tolberone has the triangle, Mais-Souffle ~ Popcorn has the mushroom spot, Bougie ~ Candle has the spotty line, Ciel ~ Sky is the variberk, Etiole and Lait ~ Star and Milk are both solid
DSCF1670.jpg

Rose ~ Pink
DSCF1677.jpg

Cage 4 _ Expecting Mom
DSCF1655.jpg

Mielle ~ Honey
DSCF1658.jpg

Cage 5 _ Do-nothing Female & 6 week olds
DSCF1656.jpg

Petite
DSCF1659.jpg

Luna (little miss do-nothing), Belle (dumbo), Bijou ~ Jewel and Fleur ~ flower
DSCF1660.jpg

DSCF1661.jpg
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Luna is going in for her spay on Wednesday :joy: , wish her luck. And I will be keeping her to live with the Alphrats (I'm really excited this is my first female since five year ago when I first started into rats).

I may have a few more adoptions line up for four of the girls but right now nothing. Also I am going to be feeding Rose along with leaving her in with a Mom. It doesn't seems like anyone is taking care of her so I'm going to give it a shot. I am off to buy some substitute rat milk!!

Wow all of those fluffy rats and then one tiny tiny pinky. I hope Rose makes it :) She will be one special little rat.

And.. i know it is only a butt shot.. but i am totally in love with Bon-Bon

Back