The Buckeyes - New photos 8/24/14

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These little demons really went at it last night. Although I could not find any war wounds - when I went into the room to find out who was fighting all the rat in all the cages were standing up looking at them - have to admit that was pretty funny!

I think I've narrowed it down to Hawk - he seems to be the trouble maker. Weston and Hank are just cry babies they squeek if any rat/person goes near them or touches them. Never had such vocal whiners

lol They sure know how to bring you running to the cage.

We had them on the bed yesterday and those two just whimper and squeak ... big cry babies. That fight sounded vicious - normally I don't get up anymore.... No more new rat mommy panics...

Something happened to my Buckeyes last night and I do mean just last night because the day before they were still babies! Last night though they blew up and they became rats - big fluffy rats the size of Clark. Where did my babies go?

I did again do my frantic calling of the husband because he needed to look at all my ratties standing in the cage. I just stood there going look look look what happened - their huge and all big like Clark.

My babies have grown up

Last edited:
Aww, I know how you feel. I remember this happening and I was the same way..."How dare you guys get all big and grown up! You are just my little babies!" :eek:mg2:

Well, remember, they will ALWAYS be your lil' babies, no matter how big they get. :baby:

those pics are just TOO CUTE:love5:.

The other day I told my hubby that the babies w/b 2 pretty soon & he said "what babies, those big 'ol fat things you call babies"?!? I told him to shut up - they might hear him!

Aww, ha ha 2Rats! Yes, I know the feeling! When I used to call my big fat boy Achilles "my little baby" my husband would make a similar remark that your hubby made and I would say the same thing back...(shhh, don't say that around him!) :)

you know .... this may be "off topic" but being that rats have such short lives, they seem to sure know how to make the most of it. They scamper around doing their rat business, stashing food here & there, tearing up the nice things we give them ( mainly girls & mainly blankies ) , really enjoying the little treats we give them, glad to always see us & seem to love the attention we give them.

Hmmm - maybe people have something to learn from them:kisskiss:

The other day I told my hubby that the babies w/b 2 pretty soon & he said "what babies, those big 'ol fat things you call babies"?!? I told him to shut up - they might hear him!

Aww, ha ha 2Rats! Yes, I know the feeling! When I used to call my big fat boy Achilles "my little baby" my husband would make a similar remark that your hubby made and I would say the same thing back...(shhh, don't say that around him!) :)

My hubby says the same things to me when I call Peanut coconut, cantelope, Jabba, etc - he says I'm going to give his little baby a complex...

Back