The Big Guelph Run...More Pip :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

I am going to introduce the relatively healthy 5 newcomers in this thread and leave the sweet compromised oldies to their own.

I am barely awake as it was one long day yesterday...right Jenny?? I got home at 11:45 pm after leaving this morning at 6:30 am, and Jenny got home a LOT later than me, as she had to drive home to Hamilton, then setup for the fosters (the 2 hoodie lasses going to her friend) she just took in, and then take care of her own crews.

I am starting off slowly as I haven't had much coffee yet, and I actually had to go to the grocery store to BUY AA batteries for my camera as my new rechargeables SUCK. It charged for 7 hours and I got 12 pics before it gave me Low Battery... :doh:

First off lets meet the agouti self girl. Her story - dumped in the snow with 3 other females around Christmas time. :shock: CCH took them in and discovered all the girls were pregnant. Her litter was the only healthy litter as 2 litters died and the 3rd a lot of hydro babies in it. Unfortunately this pretty young mom was/is nippy and she even got the label "rat-aggressive" due to an incident with a death of a sick rat in the cage with her. I can only assume it was a ratty burial and that she didn't actually kill anyone. This label unfortunately meant she's been living alone a long time. She is healthy, beyond some lice, and is very nervous of handling, and actually cries when touched at times. She seems very intelligent and will figure things out with patient, consistent handling on my part. :nod: I think she's about 14-15 years old (as she had the babies 10 months ago) I had originally wanted to call her Puma, but the name really does fit her...she's more like a deer, flitting around, with the ears twitching.

oct28agoutigirl3.jpg

oct28agoutigirl6.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/r ... igirl4.jpg
oct28agoutigirl7.jpg

oct28agoutigirl5.jpg

Willow - Dee/Sausage4ever had this girl and her sister (also former CCH rats :giggle: ) and sadly a few months back Willow's sister died. So after some time Dee decided Willow needed friends in her old age and after seeing my post asking for transport from London to Guelph, asked if I could squeeze in one more sweet oldie. :D Willow is 23 months old, and a very pale beige hooded dumbo rex. She's very sweet, albeit a little confused right now. I see happy friendships in her future and already have an idea who, once she relaxes and settles in. :)

Where the heck am I today???

oct28Willow4.jpg

Hmmm okay well lets go see what's over here

oct28Willow5.jpg

Ohh you want me to pose? I am GOOD at that :mrgreen:

oct28Willow2.jpg

oct28Willow1.jpg

oct28Willow3.jpg

:heart: :heart:

lilspaz68 said:
I think she's about 14-15 years old
Sorry, couldn't resist... Either she is some though little mama, or you really do need your coffee! :giggle:

They both look adorable :heart: Your little agouti girl already looks like she knows she is in the best place ever! :D And Willow really does know how to pose. I see lots of RPOMs nominations in her future, starting with this one:

oct28Willow2.jpg

Any second?

and finally the last 3 of my newbies.
Mom - another dumpee in the snow just before Christimas, and her litter unfortunately was the hydro litter so quite a few didn't survive and the ones that did were small and possibly will be affected by hydrocephalus later. There was 2 nakie girls (1 more teeny than the other and a damaged eye) but sadly she passed a couple of weeks back. Her surving nakie sister will be taking the former's name in honour of her. The other sister and the mom are unnamed. Mom is another cinnamon, with big black eyes and I think about the same age as the agouti, to 15-16 months. She's an extremely poor rex, and very nervous and will nip when scared, so I go slow. She leans away from any hands patting her so I will go really slow. Leave her alone and she will approach and check things out in her own time. Unfortunately in a 5 minute span, Mom went MIA so she's loose and skitty...oh what fun. NOT. :roll:

Daughter, black berk, another poor rex, about 10-11 months (born in January 2012). Not as pretty as mom and other sister but Personality Plus. She's brave and after me picking her up and kissing her many times decided she likes that. She crawled into my lap and climbed up. I thought she was heading for my shoulder but she instead stopped just below my chin, so I kissed her. She will brux and boggle as well.

Ohh found mom. She's back safe and sound. She was climbing on the Old London Ladies cage across the room. LOL

Pip, teeny tiny black eyed girl. She's 190 grams! Her mom and her sister are *maybe* 250 grams so all tiny ladies. She's nervous but very bright. I ask to pick her up, put my fingers around her and she stays still, then I tell her I'lm goign to pick her up and do it. She barely moves for that method :thumbup:

These 3 are sooo bonded that they are always squished happily together, its really lovely to see.

Pics!!
oct28family2.jpg

oct28family.jpg

Mom
oct28Moim2.jpg

oct28mom.jpg

Pip
oct28Pip.jpg

oct28Pip3.jpg

oct28Pip2.jpg

Mom and Pip
oct28Pipandmom.jpg

oct28Pipandmom2.jpg

Black berk sister
oct28blackgirl3.jpg

oct28blackgirl2.jpg

oct28blackgirl.jpg

Unfortunately this little girl was able to give me some awesome lice nit pics for my medical reference library. :shock:

oct28licenits3.jpg

In my lap
oct28blackgirl4.jpg

With her sister Pip
oct28blackgirlandPip2.jpg

oct28blackgirlandPip.jpg

Aw look at Willow!! She's a doll, I tell you and poses like a master. She's one rattie who loves the lime-light. Thanks for the RPOM nomination.
I can't wait to see her with buddies again, and thanks for taking her (and all these other sweeties) in Shelagh. And just so you know she was treated with Rev just last week as we had some type of infestation that got to every-furred-body in the house.

sausage4ever said:
I can't wait to see her with buddies again

Well, I had a feeling about her and was waiting for her to relax and settle in, but she was finished with that stuff already...a really calm, confident vibe Willow gives off and so I went ahead.

Willow now has friends. I literally put her in the cage. Galileo loves everyone, Loki might have reacted with tension, being a very nervous rat. She loved her Rufus and she's only 15 months old so I needed a nice calm and hopefully friendly companion to introduce before sweet old Galileo had to leave her. Willow fit the bill completely. And I was right :thumbup:

oct28GaliandWillow.jpg

oct28LokiandWillow.jpg

oct28Willowandfriends.jpg

Willow herself , seems really happy, doing that little headshake rats do when they feel extra good. There's no pressure, no one did any crazy sniffing, they just met and said "Heya, nice ta meetcha" and went on their way. Galileo is in the hammock grooming, Willow is sleeping in the small bunkbed and Loki is resting on the shelf beside her.

Good girl Willow!!! Are you going to be a Glue Rat?

oct28Willowincage.jpg

:thumbup: Right on!!! Loki and Galileo are lucky to have her, and I know she's over joyed to have them. Willow is honestly the most easy-going rat I've met in ages, and her elderly state doesn't nothing to detract from that. I'm so happy to see her with buddies, I knew that's what she really needed to keep her going into her senior months, you could see it in the way she'd just hang out with me if given the opportunity to explore or worse yet, she'd try to befriend Dempsey who had this odd affinity for licking her...

Enjoy your new crew Willow. And Thanks for being a great partner to the current end of my life with rats.

Wonderful photos!! Mom's colour is so beautiful, I could just gobble her up, LOL. I keep wanting to call her Butterscotch!

What a lovely bunch of lucky ratties. It is amazing to see Willow settle into a new group just like that. :love4:

TBH this little one is my favourite. The little black berkshire sister. I took a pic of her just now and realized that this lady of only 11 months has cataracts. Ugh. :sad3:

oct29blackgirl.jpg

but she's sooo sweet and very comfortable here already. I can just reach in and stroke her and she doesn't wake up, but the camera flash always does LOL

oct29blackgirl3.jpg

oct29blackgirl2.jpg

She, mom and 'gouti girl all really need names.

Unepuce said:
Seeing her sleep all confy like that brought a very obvious one to mind... Angel... :heart:

Sigh, I had an Angel before this, one of my original Bronlings, my first rescue litter. She's lovely eh? the 4 CCH newbies are starting to relax and settle in. Cinnamon mom needs the most work I think, as agouti girl is learning VERY fast. This morning I opened the door of her cage and she pops up. I said good morning, and then told her I was going to pick her up. Instead of bolting or acting defensive, she hunkered down and stayed really still as I lifted her up and out. :) She's a bright little jellybean that one :mrgreen:

Unfortunately I heard roughness in her right lung so she's on antibiotics as well as of this morning.

Pip also let me pick her up and stayed quiet in my hands. She was struggling to bolt before this time. :) Cinny mom is still very wary and will nip, so I have to be careful. I don't care about the nipping, just don't want her to think she can, or get used to nipping anyone trying to touch her.

lilspaz68 said:
TBH this little one is my favourite. The little black berkshire sister. I took a pic of her just now and realized that this lady of only 11 months has cataracts. Ugh. :sad3:

but she's sooo sweet and very comfortable here already. I can just reach in and stroke her and she doesn't wake up, but the camera flash always does LOL

oct29blackgirl3.jpg

She, mom and 'gouti girl all really need names.

nom for RPOM!!

and how about Serena?

or: - ALANA: Irish girl name
It means: Peaceful, Serene

?

Back