Thank You for my Basket!!! (update)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Jenny and I met up (sort of)...we never actually touched each other, but she was dropping off supplies for me and the ratters that she picked up at Flowertown today. But we were able to talk and she handed me a basket...a beautiful basket and said "something for you, from a bunch of us" OOooooh!!!! :shock: :dance:

I lugged my harlan and aspen upstairs then looked at the basket.

mar16easterbasketfrommyfriends_zpsff5a1aa6.jpg

On it was a beautiful pink heart with my name on it and a message on the other side :D

mar16heartmsg_zpscc438ce1.jpg

and a note with a list of everyone who contributed. :heart:

mar16listofdonors_zps85ee1162.jpg

My Goodies!!!

mar16basketcontents_zps727b62e0.jpg

Wonderful bags of tea (real tea!), Laura Secord mini-eggs and 2 French Mint chocolate bars...an adorable foam easter wreath made of bunnies LOL, foam duckies, and a restraurant gift card, a Timmy's card, (mmmm cannot wait for Monday and rrrrrrrolling up the rim to win!) and 1 Visa card :joy: :joy: :joy:

Of course NOW I remember some of those random conversations I had with Jenny about our favourite chocolates (along with a story of Laura Secord eggs from when I was 8 yeras old), what batteries my camera takes, etc. She's a very good "spy" :laugh4:

Thank you so much for this wonderful surprise! As I am sure you know, this virus and the feeling of being cut off was wearing on me a little and this brought some spring into my dreary March. Much needed and much appreciated

PLUS a box with a Sanyo niMH battery charger with 4 AAA's and EIGHT AA batteries!! I was goign to have to go looking for a new good one again, as the ones I kept finding weren't lasting long which is sad in a rechargeable battery. Four batteries are charging as I type. :lol:

I think I shall go make myself a nice Earl Grey tea from my goodies. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I haven't been here long but I already recognize that you deserve it for all that you do and how much of yourself you give.

I had tucked away the cards for a "Rainy Day"and today I think it was it. I have no clue how much Jeremy's surgery will cost, but with help from some friends I should be okay. But that uncertainty makes it time to use the cards so I can keep my funds where they are needed. I put the Visa Giftcard in my purse about 3 days ago, hemming and hawing on when or what I should use it on. I need makeup desperately and was making up a Big Plan for tonight. After work I would take the subway to Keele station then the bus to the Shoppers Drugmart and use my card there, pick up Harvey's with that gift card *drool* as it is right next door. I was pulling out my Harvey's card (it was taped to a backing, when I realized the backing was ANOTHER Card! A Shoppers Drug Mart Card! WOOT! You people know me sooooo well, and now I can tuck the Visa card back in my wallet and save it for something really special or even something a wee bit frivolous ..hahahaha...

Love you all muchly!! It was like getting a whole other surprise this morning. :joy: :heart:

I love this post!

I love that you will really use the cards for YOURSELF!

I love that our surprise actually hid a delayed gift!

I love that we were able to lighten your day!

You know what? You just made my own day!!! :dance:

Back