Thank you Everyone (esp. Petunia) for the Hammocks

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Wonderful Petunia knows how difficult it can be without decent hammocks when you have a lot of rescue rats, and decided to remedy this. I have some left but most were tattered and dangerous for oldies (of which most of mine are now). So she used her fabric, and her time and energy to make hammocks then asked if others would donate for the shipping costs. Well they arrived and I spent a happy weekend giving most rats new hammocks :D It was such a happy feeling and the rats LOVED it. Some got bunkbeds, some got flats and some got layered flats to make bunkbeds which worked out amazingly well :D

Here's a few pics of the rats enjoying them this morning...

Cedric and Zachary my old tatty rex boys

Apr%2024%2016%20Zachary%20and%20Cedric%202.jpg~original

Apr%2024%2016%20Zachary%20and%20Cedric.jpg~original

Buster my still shy old man from Guelph...been here since August 2014 but still is worried with handling.

Apr%2026%2016%20Arthur%20on%20his%20new%20hammock.jpg~original

Bayo and Leta from the Keswick girls, the last of their group. Leta was a feeder breeder originally. They arrived June 2014.

Apr%2026%2016%20Bayo%20and%20Leta.jpg~original

Oliver my conundrum rescue from Rambling Rattery. He was neutered over a year ago and still is aggressive to other rats and to me at times. Sadly I think he's unbalanced and genetically aggressive. He still acts like a hormonal male even though he's older and his hormones should have waned at his age. He's gorgeous and a bit dangerous LOL. He arrived Dec. 2014.

Apr%2026%2016%20Oliver.jpg~original

Squirrel, Wombat and Violet loove their bunkbed. Mom Opossum was already at the cage door trying to escape LOL.

Apr%2026%2016%20Squirrel%20Wombat%20and%20Violet%20in%20their%20new%20hammock.jpg~original

Last edited:
Morgan Ringer, Lee Ann Titangos both donated for shipping, Samantha Ziblis, who has donated to cover shipping for Peggy's hammocks more than once, I believe, also donated towards shipping but I returned because by then it was covered.

Thank you so much, guys- er gals LOL

Last edited:
Back