Tell Me I'm Crazy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

And that everything will be alright. :sad3:

Denny is worrying me... He seems thinner and less energetic than usual. They've been on meds for awhile now... And they've been under strict QT... What is happening to my baby boy? He still eats like a horse, and drinks. But he's slower, if that makes sense. He's not the first to the cage door; he seems to have a slower response time. His "heft" is different... He's always been on the slim side, but it's even more so. Not so much you can tell from just looking. He's only just turned a year in November.

Is this residual from the strep? Meds? Just an off day or something? Please... Tell me I'm overreacting, that I'm being oversensitive. I can't bear to think of losing him. I've already lost four boys; I can't take another, and especially not Denny! I couldn't stand to look at the rest of them knowing he wasn't with them, that he wasn't in his rightful spot. None of them can compare to Denny... It's awful to say but it's true!

Rats certainly do have off days, especially when they've gone through multiple losses.
I sure hope he's back to normal tomorrow.

He's still be-bopping along and eating everything I give him (which is everything I know he likes!). His breathing is heavier... I switched him to the Baytril/Doxy combo this morning... Maybe the doxy will work where the zithro isn't? He also has an appointment at the GOOD vet today at 3. She saw them a while back, when I had her recheck the stupid vet's work, and she had said that Denny sounded particularly clear and healthy...

I feel like I'm being paranoid. I HOPE that I am paranoid and I'm not right. I feel like I can't afford to take chances... He's my heart. I've burst out crying at least four random times today at work just thinking "What if I come home and he's gone?"

She didn't have much more to add, besides the doxy combo would be a good switch.

Should I have asked her about prednisone?

About the same, no worse, no better. I've had him out with me all day as soon as I got home, and I've been making stew with him in mind. I've let go of the "no more spoiling" rule I've been trying to adopt, at least with him.

I had a dream last night he died. He was in his cage, and suddenly he was at the doors, wanting out, so I let him out, and he died... Then when I was crying, I saw his tail twitch, and his head turned around to look back at me, and he was smiling... And then his face morphed to Preston's, then Rubin's, then Andi's, and then Tip's, and then back to Denny's. They were all smiling and happy. But it's got me extra paranoid and freaked out.

The fact that the faces morphed in the order they died is what did it.

That's a scary dream. Just try to stay positive, I know you've had a difficult time lately with your ratties. Just keep an eye on Denny, I bet he will come around.

You must be so stressed and probably have not grieved properly for your losses... and it's coming out through your subconscious and into your dreams. :cuddle:

I think that is what is happening, Jo. You're definitely right on that track.

Denny is doing better... His heft is better and he's not breathing quite so fast. So that is good news! The doxy combo must be helping.

I'm very happy to report that Denny is doing well! He is back to his usual charming self and has put weight back on. :D WAHOO!

Back