Teddy is in BIG trouble!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petunia

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
or he would be, if this was the ONLY reason I'm having trouble getting online:

DSL cord by catnapt, on Flickr

I never thought he'd chew a cord, he's never done it before, so I let him out in the living room to run around.
he was so happy at first, but then he got scared, having this whole huge area to run in and not smelling anything familiar, so he hid under the desk.

hmmm............
guess he was nervously chewing on something at the same time, eh? :lol:

incredibly, replacing the cord did not help a whole lot, so he's off the hook.

I am still having trouble connecting, but have no idea why. Just sometimes, I can't get online.
for hours and hours
and then suddenly, it connects. Weird, eh? :?

Might be that my computer is old and tired (boy can I relate :giggle: ) but I'm pretty sure it would cost more to get someone to check it out than a new one would cost (a refurbished one, I mean, I couldn't afford an actual new one lol and not sure I'd spend the money if I could, it seems no matter what you spend on a computer, it's gonna die before too long or need to upgraded so what's the point?)

no MOMMA is in big trouble for not realizing this could be why Teddy was so "off" that I took him to the vet the same day I brought Brenna in
he must've gotten a shock from the DSL cord, it's got power going to it
what a dumba$$ I am not to have even thought of that.

Teddy has never chewed any cords or anything else when he's out of the cage, he's always been too busy exploring, he's the Top Rat and he takes that job seriously, checking on everyone and everything

the poor boy!! well it's a good thing I got him on metacam, he probably had a burn on his mouth? I don't know what that would look like but it's been like 10 days now, so it's probably healed

are there any long term effects to an electrical shock?
poor guy. stupid stupid stupid momma!

Poor little guy! I think pets can recover well from the shock.
Poor you with the limited internet connection. That must suck! Can you get another rj45 cable? I don't think they are that expensive anymore.

LOL, good job Teddy!
(My CAT is the cord chewer in my house...)
I was having problems with my internet connection, so I was told I needed to shut off my modem once in a while, like once a month or so. So I unplug it for a couple of hours or over night, and problem solved!
He explained it that it gets all full of data and that bogs it down, so if you unplug it all the data is dumped and it's free to fill up again. (Don't ask me, I just know it works...)

Back