Teddy 33 months

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickelrat

This one is hard to write about. :cry:
My beautiful sweet Teddy has passed quietly in my arms, last Friday evening.

He was such a licky loving rat ever since his neuter. Before that he would seek me out to bite me aggressively. He had bit my hand really good. It got infected and I needed antibiotics. Then he became so docile and friendly and I could feel his love for me. He became a mama's boy. Always licking me and wanting to be on my lap all the time.

Around the age of 30 months old, he lost the use of his hind legs. Therefore I put him in a one level cage with 2 old girlfriends, Georgie and Pasha. He looked very happy until the day he said goodbye.
:cry:

I'll never forget you, Teddy. You were truly special to me. Say hi to your brother Bear for me. Mommy loves you.

Teddy at 3 months old
BabyTeddy2.jpg

Beautiful photogenic Teddy
BabyTeddy.jpg

Celebrating his first Birthday with his brother, Bear
BdayTeddy1.jpg

More beautiful Teddy
Teddy3.jpg

I love you Teddy
Almost2Teddy.jpg

Here are his 2 last pictures I took just 2 days before he passed away
Teddy-1.jpg

Teddy2.jpg

Goodbye, Teddy. :heart:

I'm so very sorry Nic... no more grosse patate for either of us. :no:

I remember the day you convinced me to go look at them, I remember telling you, we aren't just going to look, you know that right?
What sweeties, well not exactly. lol All four boys we brought home became aggressive but a neuter turned them into lovebugs.

Here's a pic I took when Nic visited me with Teddy, a week and a half ago:

NicTeddy_edited-1.jpg

Have fun big guy, say hi to Max and Nigel for me.

A picture to treasure Nic. It is a wonderful site Jo. I am sorry Nic for your loss but they are all together again at Rainbow Bridge.

:roseopen: :rose3:

Ann

What an absolute love! You can totally see it in his eyes. :heart:

Those 2 friends are reunited again, cuddling again at the bridge. He must've missed his Pasha too much.

OMG, what a sweet sweet face! He looks like a big boy! And he's also looking at you quite adoringly in that picture.
I'm sorry. The ache in your heart is so easy to hear in your words, no doubt Teddy found your love for him as obvious and encompassing as we can hear.
Another little angel will quit his play one day to greet you with love far in the future Nicole.

Back