Tail Lump

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lj

I noticed a while ago that Teller had a red dot on his tail. I didn't think anything of it. I assumed that he hit it or something. This is what it looks like now. Does anyone know what this is? I've never seen it before.

DSCF2083.jpg

DSCF2084.jpg

DSCF2085.jpg

It doesn't seem to bother him. I touched it and played around with it a bit.

It's sort of hard in the middle, but sort of soft around the edges. And I do think it bugs him. He just ran away when I squeezed it.

Could it be a sort of abcess? I know that my boys some times have little nip marks on their tails, and with the tails being dragged on the floor, maybe it has dirt in it??

Im just a noob though, so i could be sooooo wrong. Just trying to guess

Looks like an abscess to me too. You'll want to treat that for sure. Once it drains, it's really good to flush it and keep the "hole" packed with neorsporin. An antibiotic is needed too.

We had a boy come to us with abscesses all over him from a fight. His tail had three abscesses on it, and he almost lost part of his tail. Those tail abscesses can really do a number on them.

Hope he feels better soon.

Devil had a funny looking bump on his tail, too... turned out to be a tiny abscess... or zit... he can't reach the area to groom it. ;)

Back