Synnøve - Bianca & Luna

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Synnøve

Hi!

My name is Synnøve, I'm 15 years old and I live on the west coast of Norway! On my spare time I hang out with my friends, play the violin and a bit of piano, watch TV, take care of my animals, and work out if I'm in the mood ;P

Here's me..
synnis.jpg

I've allways loved animals. Throughout the years I've owned about ten fishes, five hamsters, one rabbit and one cat (who's still alive :))
Unfortunately my last hamster, Rambo had to be put down last week, because he had cancer + a very bad case of mites. Poor little guy :cry:
It was weird, cause I've never been that sad when any of my other hamsters died, and I really felt that I needed to get another animal, unless I would just go around being sad because Rambos old cage was standing there, empty..

So I looked around (had done this a bit a few months ago too) and I found out that rats were exactly what I was looking for! Cause it's not that hamsters aren't adorable, but it's a lot of work looking after an animal, and with the hamster sleeping all day (and it's bad for them to be woken during the day) you really don't get much back for what you give.

And what i found out was that with rats you do :wink:
So I went to the pet store, and saw a cage with nine beauutiful rats!
And on monday I was the new owner of Bianca and Luna, two very adorable, 7 weeks old, black hooded rat gils :)

Bianca has a black hood with a stripe that goes without a stop all the way back to her tale (and a little bit of that is black too) She has a little black spot on her tummy too. She was very active and a bit hyper from the start! She started checking out the cage as fast as i let them in there, and she's the first to come and say hi when i go over to the cage. Allthough both of them are a bit skittish.

Luna
is also black hooded, but her stripe is not continuous(?) all the way. Both her front legs are white :) She was incredibly skittish and scared right from the start! She ran into a corner, and under a hammock, And she didn't dare to come out from under there for a loong time. But she's very, very cute, and she's starting to trust me a bit more.

Right now there sleeping under my sweater! They're soo cute:) (and Luna loves to lick and nibble my fingers if i put my hand under my sweater. She's so cute !

I tried to take some photos of them, but they don't really like the camera :p So here's (kinda bad) picture of Luna taken with my Webcam. I'll post some now ones as soon as possible!
220339.jpg

Back