SWOLLEN TONGUE!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tou_

So over the past week i've been posting my journey with Toby.

Yesterday I could finally gether to see a vet, they said she most likely has been having seziures =( the vet also said that she has a possibilitiy of recovering, but the more they happen the less likely her chance is =(

I fell asleep with Toby and her sister beside me in their play houe (a small, store bought cage they lived in for like a month when i first adopted them) around midnight and i just wokeup about half an hour ago at 5 am. I went to take them both back to their real house before i went to bed and i thought it would be a good idea to try and feed Toby before i went to bed.

She wouldnt eat anything. Not even the water i tried to give to her in a little syringe, then i turned her over and noticed she had soome strange white stuff on the bottom of her lower teeth, and her tongue is very, very swollen, its pressing up against her teeth =(

I'm so sad, at this point i feel like theres nothing i can do. If any one knows anything i can do to hellp the swelling go down and get some liquids inside her please help me =(

I know this is too late for your Toby but my Luka had a swollen tongue due to an allergy to his meds. I rushed him in to the vet but he had to be put down. I'm so sorry for your girl.

I wonder if she might have bitten it and caused it to swell, especially if she's having seizures this could happen. Keep trying to give her water and food though, it's important that she stay hydrated.

Back