Swimming

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a tub for their bath time, its sloped so one end is very shallow and it gradually gets a bit deeper. I put their plastic huts and toys in there and let them play in the water so they could get used to it. (I wasnt wetting them completely or soaping them, just letting them enjoy the water) After a while they were washing themselves in the water and a few swam! It was the cutest thing.

Rats are supposed to be great swimmers. For a while I would let my rats play in water a long time ago. Some liked it while others thought I was killing them. lol

With my first crew I would put a dish with water on the floor and they would go in and out as they pleased.

dunking.jpg

patchworks2.jpg

ratsinpool.jpg

Haha.
Sometimes I use a cat litter tray with water. If it's hot / summertime I fill it with really cold water and some frozen veg and they love that.

vivianelizabeth said:
mmmm floating poos! :cheeky:
lol

Those are sunflower seeds, my rats go in and out of the water as they please. I'm lucky too none of them poo outside the cage. They run back in to do their business.

Back