Supplement

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

must.love.rats

A few months back I watched a video on YouTube about a supplement from Harrisons' Pet Products called Booster .After much pondering and reading reviews on the website I purchased it Thursday night and it should be here by Wednesday. The girl in the video said that she gives it to her girls daily and they no longer have myco flare ups. My rats have never had a myco flare up(I'm lucky, I know) but I plan on using it for a daily supplement for the overall well-being of my rats, especially for my two year old boys. Has anyone here tried this product? please let me know your thoughts on it if you have! t.i.a

My vet is a big believer in Booster and I give it but not every day. I don't know how much it boosts their immune system but I do find their coat is in much better condition for it. I wouldn't use it as a substitute for vet care or antibiotics.

I plan on giving it as a daily supplement (or how ever often my vet prescribes), not to treat any health concerns. Since I have to bring my baby Max to the vet every two weeks for a tooth trim (malocclusion) I plan to bring it with to the next appt. to ask her about dosage.

jorats said:
I tried Booster on my rats and a couple of the males had a bad reaction to it so I stopped. The supplement is a fatty acid.

I will make sure to keep a close eye on them to watch for any signs of a allergic reaction. Thank you for letting me know.

Booster is rat-approved for yumminess. I give it to my girls daily. They like it. It seems to make the other supplements that I give them more appealing.

I use a toothpick to extract the stuff from the bottle, since it is solid at room temperature.

It is basically vegetable fat - and fat is very good for rats - they need it for many biological functions, such as pretty fur and good health.

I mix mine with other supplements... then mix that mixture in with cooked rice, veggies, or crushed rat blocks. I always worry about giving my rats uncut peanut-butter like substances since it can be a choking hazard.

I have been using Booster for about 4 months now and I like the product.

Back