Sunflower 9/2007 to 12/8/2009

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa's ZOO

Sunflower. She was such a sweet rat. So loving towards me and all rats she met. She loved to cuddle in her ball and cared very much for Ivy in her last days with us. I wonder if loosing her Ivy is what caused the sudden lump in her tummy. May be when they give up a little in their minds their bodies start to give up and not fight like they used to. I don't know, but it has been hard since Thanksgiving loosing three so close to one another. Anyways, Sunflower developed a large lump in her tummy just under her rib cage and started to show signs of pain and extreme listlessness Sunday night. The pain was managed a little with Metacam but on Monday night she had a large amount of vaginal bleeding and was once again puffy and I could just see in her eyes it was time. So I said goodbye on Tuesday morning. Just Mimzy and Dolly are left now. I need a break from the heartbreak and will not be getting any more girls for awhile. Plus my dogs are getting old 9, 10, and 11 year old Pit Bulls who are notorious for having Cancer, so I need to concentrate on their health and vet $$. Anyways, here are some pics of my beautiful Sunflower.

Flower (RIP) and Sunflower (blue capped)
DSC05717.jpg

DSC03649.jpg

DSC04377.jpg

It is hard looking back at pictures since everyone is deceased now. :sad3:

Back