Summer just had her meds....

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fidget

Poor Summer, just had her vile-tasting medicine forced in :( Afterwards she got some ensure and a piece of candy (yeah, I know but I was eating one and offered a bit and she ate it voraciously) - whatever kills that aftertaste....
After a visit I put her home...
071123Summer1a.jpg

and her sisters (Kelley & Sumone) were so happy to see her!
Yeah right :roll: , they just smelled the good stuff. It wasn't supplicants soothing, it was little piggies perusing the patient. Lol
071123SummerSumoneKelley1a.jpg

I did get out and buy strawberry Nesquick today - like that will make her less temporarily popular :p

She looks pretty good, eh? She started to rally when I started the baytil again saturday. (tho she's still awful noisy most of the time). It definitely keeps her rolling - lets hope the erythromycin starts her motor hummin' again.

(having computer problems btw - that's why this was under construction.... mouse keeps sticking & stalling, even still (needs a good vet) then internet explorer had to close... Reboot... Anyone I knew before this and don't remember now it's cause I didn't have an opportunity to save. :ambulance:

I tried the quik friday night. 1st time it was a miracle, she took her time but drank it all..
Next time, back to the refusal, so I figured she got tired of the super-sweet?.. I've been playing around trying the find the right mixture of meds/quik/ensure... Trouble is she gets .2 ml of the erythromycin so doesn't take much 'hiding' stuff to make it a fair quantity to squirt in when she won't drink it, and man can she squirm!
Last night she spit it out on my fingers, I just about cried, then she started licking it off my fingers.... So I gave her the bowl back, no go. Put her in the travel cage with it, she went nuts, banging the little house around and making a big stink with big mushy fear-poops and wouldn't touch the meds. Ended up taking her out and giving it all to her on my finger, that took forever!

Poor kid is sick already, now I've gotta torture her (us) twice a day for 3 months? It kills me. And it's not like you can miss a dose if she's doing ok at the moment or quit early with antibiotics.... I don't know how either of us will get thru 3 months of this twice a day without going bonkers.

She is sounding noisy less often tho....

That's great news Summer is less noisy. I know what you mean. I have ratties on meds for almost all their lives. Sometimes I feel like I should wear a nurse's uniform. lol

Back