Suddenly extremely weak and very crooked body. Urgent!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't show my rats bodies anymore, I find the ones that are going to grieve are even more upset. Did she die in the cage? If so they already know :(

I am very sorry...sometimes the strokes are just a one-off thing, sometimes they continue until finally it kills them, we always pray for the former. It was quick don't worry about that. :( I am very sorry for your loss. :'(

Thank you! :( I can't believe that my awesome, funny and strange little Radka is gone. It will be very different waking up tomorrow and see only one rat in the cage, not two.

I am so very sorry.

As Jorats said, viewing the body is your choice. I aways let their friends/cagemates sniff the body for a few minutes so they know what happened.

Thank you! I did let Frida sniff her. She seemed interested and really sniffed Radka's dead body for a little while, and then she ran off to do something else.

I'm already on the job trying to find her a new rat friend, so hopefully she won't be alone for long.

I am sorry you lost your beautiful girl so suddenly. I'm glad to hear you will be getting your other girl a buddy to keep her company. She will need lots of cuddles until then!

It was a pituitary tumor.

The vet opened her up and there it was, a big dark "lump" under the brain. I saw a picture from the autopsy. It was actually very interesting to see, and in a way it felt good to get a final answer and to know that there was nothing we could have done, and she's better off dead than living with that huge thing pushing against her brain (if that's what caused the seizure).

It could very well have - pressing against the brain like that can cause all sorts of odd behaviors and reactions.

I'm so sorry you lost her, but I'm glad you got closure from the autopsy.

Some of you might not want to see this, but in case some of you will find it interesting or useful, I'll post it nonetheless. It's a picture from the autopsy, of the tumor.

[spoiler:3ivqaik4]The dark brown "lump" is the tumor. Normally it should look like this.

NjbL5.jpg
[/spoiler:3ivqaik4]

Thanks for posting both pictures. It's easy to see the difference when you have the normal picture to compare. It's nice to have a definitive answer when we lose our babies.

Back