Sudden bleeding from vagina

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pshuga03

:cry3: I just went downstairs to tuck my rattie babies into bed and give them all their Yogies before bed and found my heart rat, Matilda - 26 months old laying on her back in the corner. I instantly started sobbing and went to pick her up and she's alive...I don't know what happened. Yesterday she seemed so fine and now when I picked her up it's like a crime scene and blood everywhere. :cry3:
I took her into the bathroom and filled the sink up with warm water and soaked her bottom half while giving ear rubs, head kisses, and lots of loving talk....I fear she may not make it through the night. This will be my first rat every dying.... :cry3: HOW PAINFUL!!! I don't see how some of you have seen so many pass on. Pleeease keep my sweet "Momma 'Tilda" in your prayers and hearts tonight...and that if she is in pain then please let her pass peacefully tonight and I will get her to the very ASAP in the morning. :sad3:

Okay I'm glad she's getting to the vet as soon as you can. I won't say E-vet simply because you posted this 7 hours ago but I don't know the time difference from Georgia.
Sending love and prayers your and Matildas way.
Let us know what happens.

I've spoken to 7 vets today and Matilda's regular vet hasn't gotten back to me yet on if she will perform the procedure to have her PTS. No one local deals in exotics and the E-vets require a $250 scheduling fee to even get an appt with them and they are an hour away. I feel like I'm at a loss...I hurt so bad with her. I have to keep telling myself that she has had a beautiful two years and couldn't have been loved more, but I am mystified at her sudden downturn. I hear back from my vet at 3 *it's 1 now* to see if I should bring her in and she would perform the euth. Until them I'm going to keep phoning other vets in surrounding cities. :cry3: Please keep us in your prayers...I'm shaking like a leaf and can't stop crying.

Just found a vet but they are out to lunch...the receptionist tried to ease my nerves a bit by sending me home to look over their new website about a baby squirrel they just saved. Right now I'm doing all I can...I have clear pedialyte in an oral syrenge giving her a few sits and lots of love...God I wish the clock would go faster and he would come into the office from lunch :sad3:

So sorry for your loss pshuga03. We have all been in your shoes 20 times over and it isn't easy.
I feel your pain and right now you are in my thoughts. :heart:

Back