Success!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trihkal

I have never had trouble with intros in the past. It was mostly just a matter of placing them near each other and they would become a big happy family. That is until recently. In one cage I have my oldie Sativa, and my two Atlantis girls Orchid and Nisa. They are 5 months old and had a tragic beginning. In the other cage is Penelope and Coco who are almost 3 months old.

We adopted P and Coco about a month ago which was when intros began. There was never any serious aggression just a lot of boxing but it had me wondering if we could ever be one big happy family.

I am happy to say that a few days ago Coco and Penelope moved into the big cage and everything is going great! Not only are they getting along but adding the new girls has really brought my poor Nisa around. She is so much more confident and actually seeks attention at times now. It's awesome.

Happy to give you some hope Godmother. I feel more confident should intros be more difficult in the future.

You're right Jo it is very rewarding and totally worth it!

I made this thread just a couple of days after our colony became one. The day after I made this thread my beautiful Sativa passed away. I am so thankful it happened in this order. Becoming one colony gave them the strength they needed when they lost Sativa.

Back