Stuwarts behavier with video! up date w/pic 06/03

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First... I want to say NEATO! love the idea of a question via a video. It shows everything.

Squeaking is normal, he's protesting getting picked up. But your little guy must be around 8 months old. He's very hormonal and dominant. When you touch him, he sees it as another male trying to dominate him. This will just get worse to the point where he might as some point turn around and bite you. So be careful right now and only scoop him up from underneath.
The best thing for him is a neuter.
Does he have buddies? Once he's neutered a girlfriend would do him a world of good.

I agree, I think a neuter is best, and then some girlfriends perhaps? That's what really calmed Clodhopper down. He was never aggressive, just very... possessive of me. He wouldn't tolerate any other rats because that meant that mom was touching rats other than him! Oh no! Haha. But a neuter and girlfriends REALLY helped.

thank you so much for guessing the age i didn't know how old he was, his cage mate died a few weeks ago. soona as i have the cash ill get him snipped and get him a GF...

Ooooo! He has that look about him that Patrick had. If you pushed Stuwart enough by stroking him and letting him do the defensive thing, he would probably start pushing you around with his butt and trying to pin your hand and boxing in no time. Thinking he needs to own you! I agree with the others about the neuter and the girlfriends. You will probably find the intro rather easy aswell
How long ago did you get him?

yesterday in chat eagle made a suggestion, that he might be head shy and to go from the side and pet him that way i am making more submissive movement. well i got say that was a GREAT idea... here are some pictures.

P.S. still looking into getting him fixed... just hard to come by a spare 145 atm. might have to do the exam (45$) and then save up the 100 for the fix.

okay i see your gonna pet me
IMG_6011.jpg

fine i will allow it
IMG_6010.jpg

oh that feels good
IMG_6009.jpg

zzzzzzz
IMG_6012.jpg

Aww... that's how I have to be with Bronco. I should get him neutered but he's a good boy with his buddies and I can live without touching his back.

with some love and attention Stu is becoming a really lovable rat...

when i first got him he wouldn't come out of the cage with out a fight. but now he alows me to pick him up with out a fuss not even a squeak. he allows me to pet him. now he has started to lick me... and the best new of alll..... i head him brux today.... made me varrrry happy...

still plan on getting him fixed...

her are some pictures...

licky lick
IMG_6231.jpg

I like your purse
IMG_6269.jpg

sneeze grooming lol

IMG_6298.jpg

OMG sooo cute! Glad he's doing better, and can I nominate his kissy picture for RPOTM? I love little kissing bugs, I have a couple of my own lol :thumbup:

Back