Stressful Out Time

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

We have started having out time in the rat room again only allowing one colony out at a time. I don't know if the boys are actually enjoying this or not since Throttle was awful yesterday and was a big fluff ball of mean starting a couple rat ball fights which resulted in his cage mates running back into their cage and Axe not wanting to come out again. I think the problem is that all the boys are in the same room. The five big boys are all stressed out and puffy when these seven are out. Throttle is consistently trying to get to their DCN. When the five big boys are out GMC and Kona are puff balls and trying to get to the destructo seven (Throttle) and Throttle is all puffed and upset in his cage. We have no intention of ever putting these two colonies together there is just too much hate going on between them. Any suggestions? All their fun climbing stuff and toys are in this room - they cannot possibly enjoy the alternative which is running around the couch. :wallbang:

They should settle down after a few out times. They will learn to coexist with each other's smell. How many are neutered and intact?

jorats said:
They should settle down after a few out times. They will learn to coexist with each other's smell. How many are neutered and intact?

Only have 3 (Throttle, Axe, and Popper) neutered - they are part of the destructo seven. On a good note, while Throttle was out he did go to bite me, but re thought it and stopped in mid strike and I moved my hand, but he could of gotten me had he wanted to.

Joanne said:
What if you just put some coroplast around the bottom level of the DCN so they can't interact through the bars.

I have already thought of that, but it is hard to find around here unless I want to buy the 60 sheet pack. Home Depot is almost always out of the 15 sheet pack and I have to order it online because they don't carry it in the stores. Menards has no idea what I'm talking about when I ask and I don't even see it on the website for Lowe's. So I'm just waiting for Home Depot to have it in stock on the website.

You could try the grrreat wall or you can order it from beacon graphics that is where I ordered mine from it is like 3 ft tall and 2 feet wide.

Back