Strange movement

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronwyn

Brie came home yesterday (yay!) and I've noticed she's started a strange lunging movement when she's sitting still. It looks like a huge sneeze or something, but I hear absolutely nothing. Would this fall into a respiratory concern? She wasn't doing this when she left a few days ago.

Edit: When I say huge sneeze, I mean consecutive huge sneezes.

Yep, sounds like the hiccups. It's supposed to be better when they don't make noises, though it still freaks me out every time I see Grey doing it.

My Grey has the hiccups all the time and has only had to be treated for resp problems three times since I got her in September of last year. The first two times were due to environmental irritants that I wasn't aware of, so technically she's only been treated once for an actual flareup. My first girls were Petsmart stock and never had the hiccups, yet were constantly having flareups.

Mothra is a notorious hiccupper...only been treated for a mucky nose recently. Umm...she was 34 months old?

I watch my hiccuppers carefully for any further signs but unless they are making noise then I just let it be :)

Whew, I hope they're alright, lol. About ten minutes ago I saw Elphie doing it too but again, not a sound. How funny, I never knew rats could get hiccups!

I'll keep an eye on them and make sure it doesn't develop into anything more serious.

Sorry guys, I've been paranoid with them lately. ;D

Back