Strange black worm thing

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melissa

One of my ratties had a strange, hard black worm type thing on the end of her ear today. It was really small, only about a cm in length. I was able to pull it out cuz there was a bit at the end sticking out. It was hard and fell apart in my hands when i crushed it. Her ear bled a bit where the wormy thing was when I took it out.

Any ideas?

Hmm, it's hard to tell from that photo. Ok I looked for pics and no it was not like that. Maybe similar, but all black and thin.

Melissa said:
Hmm, it's hard to tell from that photo. Ok I looked for pics and no it was not like that. Maybe similar, but all black and thin.

Well it sounds like parasites so an anti-parasitic is in order...Revolution or Ivermectin.

Here's what it looks like now. You can kinda see there is still a tiny black spot left. I dosed them Friday with Revolution. Maybe it was one that died?

IMG_1094.jpg

lilspaz68 said:
If they recur then it is sarcoptic. Selamectin (Revolution) doesn't work for them.
Ok, I can get ivermectin. I guess I would have to wait another few weeks before I can use it since I just used Revolution?

Back