Stomach ache and not eating

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyn

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Hey, it has been a while since I posted but I'm really in a "I really don't know what to do" situation. My girl of almost 2 years old started coughing and sneezing last week and loosing weight. We went to a vet and had some Xrays taken but couldn't find anything wrong. Due to the coughing my vet put her on prednisone, zitac (stomach protection) and emiprid for nausea. The prednisone has done wonders for the coughing and sneezing but in the meantime her eating has slowed down to barely anything. She's lost more weight and I'm trying to offer and give her as much high calories as I can including convalescence powders which have all nutrients 6 to 8 times a day. The day before yesterday she was still eating that but today she doesn't even want those.. every time I get something in her system she lies down because her tummy hurts so much but if she hasn't eaten for a while she becomes very active and happy and is exploring. I honestly don't know what to do..

Back