Starting a Rattery - to do or not to do.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
xxchelle said:
capslock said:
and I charge nothing for rescues.

At least charge a re-homing fee, as free rats attracts reptile owners, and they can just as easily fill out forms and answer questions, to get a "supplier" of free rats.

I don't just post free rat ads everywhere.
I post ads for pet rats for adoption and I just say "Prices vary".

You have to go through the screening process before even finding out how much they are.

edit:

And, as I said - I make it clear to the adopters they have to stay in touch with me.
A call, email, or meeting every other month.

capslock said:
edit:

And, as I said - I make it clear to the adopters they have to stay in touch with me.
A call, email, or meeting every other month.

Every 5 months for the first 18 months, ne?

http://www.nexopia.com/users/ONE.DEAD.C ... lter_type=

Adoption Agreement Contract
This contract is intended to provide legal assurance that adopter(s) who obtain rats from us will commit to meeting expectations as described below.

Description of Rats Applicable To: __________________________________________________​______________________
__________________________________________________​______________________

Adopting Person(s) Name: __________________________________________________

Address: __________________________________________________​_______________

Telephone & Email: _______________________ ______________________________

By signing this contract you agree and covenant to the following expectations:
• Adopting person(s) agree to read and abide by pamphlet received at the time of adoption.

• Adopting person(s) agree that the rats adopted will receive all care and attention necessary to ensure their health and well-being. Adopting person(s) will provide adequate food, fresh water, shelter, exercise, veterinary care if needed, etc.

• Adopting person(s) agree to quarantine the new rats from any current rodent(s) that they already have, for a minimum of one week.

• Adopting person(s) understand that in the event that they are unhappy (within 35 days) with the rats, the rats can be simply returned, in some cases exchanged.

• Adopting person(s) will not permit young children to handle the rats without proper instruction and supervision.

• Adopting person(s) agree(s) that in the event that the rats must be re-homed and a good home cannot be found, the rats will be either returned (within 35 days) to previous owner or brought to a shelter specializing in rats.

• Adopting person(s) agree to respond to e-mails and/or phone calls regarding an update on the rats obtained every five months for the first 18 months.

AGREED TO AND ACCEPTED BY:
SIGNATURE OF ADOPTER: _____________________________________________

SIGNATURE OF PREVIOUS OWNER: ______________________________________

capslock said:
I don't just post free rat ads everywhere.
I post ads for pet rats for adoption and I just say "Prices vary".

http://www.nexopia.com/users/ONE.DEAD.C ... lter_type=

I almost forgot this one too... Right from the blog~

23.jpg

Edit to add: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14644

capslock said:
what are you talking about?

Are you denying that this blog belongs to you?

Those photographs on your blog match photographs you have posted here. Also, the photograph you use in yoour signature matches the photograph from the blog; not to mention that there is a photography section dedicated to your rat, Andy, on that website.

Reference screenshot to your signature:

proof.jpg

You can't tell a 16 year old anything because they know it all.
Maybe it's time to :locked: this thread!

:laugh4: Sorry capslock or should I say viasindios or fishcitizen.... You have been caught in a big lie.

Whatever happened to the rat you wanted to surrender to us?

Oh wait, I was probably just imagining that too.

Yes, it's probably time to lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back