Spaying a 2 Year Old Rat

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Negoonus

Hi guys my one rat Espresso is going to the vet on Tuesday to have 2 mammory tumors (marble size) removed and I was wondering if having her spayed at the same time would be too much on a 2 year old. I'm going to discuss this more with my vet but wanted to know if anyone has any advice as well.

Thanks

Hello, just read and am curious about Espresso. Is she okay, have you decided to have her spayed at the same time?

Hello, just read and am curious about Espresso. Is she okay, have you decided to have her spayed at the same time?
Surgery is this morning and she has grown another lump since i started this thread. I'm leaning more towards not spaying her as i don't know if she could handle that much done to her all at once. I'm still going to ask my vet their opinion before making a decision.

Surgery is this morning and she has grown another lump since i started this thread. I'm leaning more towards not spaying her as i don't know if she could handle that much done to her all at once. I'm still going to ask my vet their opinion before making a decision.
So sorry about what you and Espresso have to go through. Best wishes to you both.

Hi guys my one rat Espresso is going to the vet on Tuesday to have 2 mammory tumors (marble size) removed and I was wondering if having her spayed at the same time would be too much on a 2 year old. I'm going to discuss this more with my vet but wanted to know if anyone has any advice as well.

Thanks
I would not spay a 2 ye old. Its far too risky, even if she seems to be in perfect health. She will have enough to deal with just being sedated for the removals. And at this age, how many more tumors do you think she will get? But then again, look at Tom Brady and all he is doing at his age, lol.

I would not spay a 2 ye old. Its far too risky, even if she seems to be in perfect health. She will have enough to deal with just being sedated for the removals. And at this age, how many more tumors do you think she will get? But then again, look at Tom Brady and all he is doing at his age, lol.
We decided not to have her spayed and she's doing really well after her surgery.

Back