SP Deluxe for Exotics

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CardboardCastles

Holy sneakers, Batman!

I dunno if I was delusional or what, but this cage is HUGE! The pictures I saw made it seem ALOT smaller than this. Holy hell Lucy and Wil feel like they've moved into a mansion!

Its really funny, they look so tiny in there, lol.

Now here's my only gripe....these bars bend easy (one was broken when I opened the box, but I got it at half price at PetSmart because they're no longer going to carry it....$100 cage for $50? Thank you very much! I can sauder it and block off that corner or something) and the levels/ladders are kind of....just ew.

I've been giving the girls little wooden bird ladders in their other cage, I'm going to see if there's a way I can safely rig those up for them (bonus, they get to chew them to bits, which they love to do to the bottom rung especially!)

UGH, decorating is a pain!

Once I'm in to the new apartment, I'll get a new memory card reader for my camera so I have something better than webcam
The only DRAWBACK right now is that my cat can totally fit through the doors, and he gets in there all curious and then realizes the rats are in tehre with him and freaks out trying to get out
The girls love him though :)

My cat is TERRIFIED of the sweet 4 year old rat I often babysit. One time, he was sleeping on the bed, and her cage was at the end of my be, and she REALLY wanted to come out. My cat was sleeping, so I watched Streak, teh rat very carefullya nd had one hand on my cat just in case. Well, Streak walked right over to my cat and started GROOMING him! He woke up, saw teh rat grooming him, kind of shrieked and ran out of the room! Mind you, my cat is 17, so forhim to run means he is motivated!

For the rest of teh time she was with me that week, if he saw he on teh bed, he would run from my room. Scaredy Cat!

I didn't get mine on sale per se...PetSmart around here is no longer going to carry the SP for exotics, I happened to get the last one from a local store marked down to $55 because they wanted to get rid of the few they had in the warehouse gone.

Also, if you order them from Petmountain.com, its $85

I really like the looks of that cage! Nice going getting it for 50 dollars. Once it's all decorated, you should post some pics. Yay, I love looking at peoples cages!

John uses this cage for his three gals. It's pretty nice... We ended up taking out the ladders (what the crap...) and made different levels for it because the Super Pet levels are just a pain. And the bars are pretty bendy... We have to be careful how we carry it.

But the spacing is nice and they seem to enjoy it. I had two strapped together for the boys, but we upgraded, so the girls will likely get those, as well. Easily modified together because of the crappy bars, at least!

I'm not sure if I have any of the boys', since that was up for maybe a week before we stumbled on a better/bigger cage, but when I go by John's tonight I'll get a pic of the girls'. :) It's not that bad of a cage, especially since they've been on sale here for like 50 bucks. Though I know when the CN comes out, the SP exotic will be a thought of the past!

Back