sounds

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewa

When training rats , are there any specific sounds that they do not like to discourage them from bad behavior , or good sounds for positive behavior?

Well teaching your pet rat tricks is sure fun there is no pacific thing of saying just give them a little treat and not like they care just say "Yay" Or something but obviously they dont understand when you say something its a way of you happy f them like whem mine do tricks cause i am proud i come out and say something to them

I've heard of some people making an 'eep' noise if they have a nippy or slightly agressive rat that likes to taste them occasionally. It mimic's the sound that a rat makes when its not happy about something. Im not so sure about good sounds though. Maybe some of the pro's will know

I've never tested that out...although if they did something I don't like and I do a high pitch "eep" they seem to stop for a second.

Hugo bruxxes and stares at me when I babytalk to him XD I think they just learn to associate certain sounds with good things, and eeps or "tsst!" noises help in discouraging something, if only for a second heh

Back