Soft, possibly benign lump growing after removal of malignant mammary growth?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandon

Hey, it's me again. Most of you can probably guess whom this thread concerns by now. lol Before Momo went to have the hard lumps removed, she already had a kind of squishy tumor growing near her armpit, which we left because it seemed benign. But after the surgery and the removal of the previous lumps, it's started to grow and there seems to be a portion of it on the inside that's a bit harder. It doesn't surprise me, of course - given that her cancer is aggressive and I fully expected new growths to pop up, but I'm kind of iffy on this one. Did the benign tumour become malignant after the removal of the previous ones? Or is it still as harmless as before, and is just getting fed some of the nutrients that went to the one that was removed now, hence the growth?

A lipoma maybe?

I'm not sure. It's close enough to the lymph nodes that it could be.. but it's also near a nipple so it could be a mammary tumour too

What I'm worried about is the fact that it started growing after we removed the malignant growths. That doesn't necessarily mean they're related right?

Back