So it's been a really long time since I've posted...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little_Vixen

We had had babies and such last time I posted I think. So this is a long time since then.

We had about 9 rats we kept total. 3 Not related to the others but related to each other.

Then my fiance and I broke up what... 3 months now? And I had to rehome all but 3.

My Flux, my original boy
Leon, Loki's boy
Fred, Flux's handsome smush of a son.

Well... Since Fluxs littermate died nearly 2 years ago about a month after we got them... We have not, I have not been able to get him to accept other rats. Before Goliath passed he ripped a tension bite across his leg.

Well... Today I have decided is Fluxs birthday. We got him and Alex (rip) 2 years ago on Feb. 28th. They were about 4 or 5 weeks when we got them. So today is his birthday.

Not only that, but today is so far a successful cage grouping between all 3! They were left alone in cage while I was at work and while there was no cuddling... There were no fights either!

So I got home and made Flux a banana apple cake with crushed pecans on top. He loved it though was more interested in my pizza

Success!
10b802377f6f8df4e678558806f247e0.jpg

a5b5f11fbe2eaa59e8d7d3b023c66223.jpg

Fred decided to groom his dad :)
0ba3c6442f15cd1ff7d38ad5905cf44c.jpg

Altogether!
d91570286034b99930d9f4b50173a1b6.jpg

Annnnnd cake
5ffe705bff655808da65a448aeb30b4c.jpg

26abdc4ee2e96812233182a36b9a8e65.jpg

Happy Birthday Flux!
that cake looks so yummy!

sorry you've been thru a rough patch :(

aww your boys will probably be cuddling together before you know it

Poor boy has lost more weight than I realized in my stupidity. HOWEVER I picked up some ensure complete and am happy to say that he lurrrrrves it and they all know the sound of the ensure bottle shaking now haha haha

Love my silly boys. Just look at Fluxs face of pure yum when he tasted it
8edca7b3cd7d75bb7dfb3454c62be794.jpg

I gave it to all of them today because it couldn't hurt to give Leon some and they all shared the syringe for a minute... And then began pushing each other for the best spot lol
58fe6d5fbbded735bcccf0043730edb4.jpg

I love these boys so much.
aca4a98de35c8d19e5f0e8c0c9ceffc1.jpg

Hi, good to have you back and see pics of your kiddos again. Very sorry to hear about you and your fiance *hugs*

Happy (belated) birthday to Flux!

Great photos - I especially love the one in the last set of the three of then sharing the water bottle

My little kiddos are doing better now. Much snuggling between the boys and I think Flux has started to gain a little weight back so I am happy.

I also currently have a foster who I'm trying to place because I couldn't drive the 2 hours to the rescue to give him to them. Stupid shoulder won't allow it right now. He's a sweety too, but he's not one of my babies

They are adorable, glad they are one happy group. Just a note on the ensure - you really should stick with the original. The complete is higher in calories, fat, sodium, potassium, sugar, and protein. Their kidneys cannot process that. We mix baby rice cereal or ground up oxbow with the ensure or water.

He's getting congested and his weight is barely staying :( when I put him down on the floor with me with some food he doesn't try to explore just eats some of the food and if he does try to explore he is really slow.
My heart is break little by little every day. My poor man

He feels cooler than the other boys and is congested with a uri. With as fast as he seems to be going back downhill I may need to help him across the bridge and the thought alone is making me bawl like a baby.

Flux is officially cool to touch. He's much slower than the boys and is just hanging out in a corner of the cage. Giving him lots of fleece to snuggle.
I don't know how much longer he is going to hold on...

Flux is still here with me and his cagemates. I didn't actually honestly think he would make it this long, but he is still here and snuggling with his boys.

The boys roughhouse and tumble around, but when I replace their water bottle, Fred patiently waits until Flux is done drinking before using it. Such a gentleman.

Ghetto is also still here with me (sigh) which sucks, because he is a great little guy.

Flux is still here with me and his cagemates. I didn't actually honestly think he would make it this long, but he is still here and snuggling with his boys.

The boys roughhouse and tumble around, but when I replace their water bottle, Fred patiently waits until Flux is done drinking before using it. Such a gentleman.

Ghetto is also still here with me (sigh) which sucks, because he is a great little guy.

aw that is so sweet of Fred to wait for Flux to finish drinking <3

I don't understand, though, why does it suck that Ghetto is still with you...? is he a foster? or all alone?

Back