Snow scared the beejezus out of me!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arkeld

So tonight, i got home a bit late (happens on friday nights, eh) and I thought I´d still let my boys out of the cage. They weren´t super eager to get out, but hey, they get out-time every day, so no exceptions. :) Anyways, I wasn´t a good rat-daddy tonight, just planted myself in front of the PC and messed about, played some games etc. An hour later, I go back to see if they want to play or are ready to go back in the cage, but they seem content in their respective favourite spots, lazing about, so I think ok, let´s leave em out for a while longer.

Another hour later, I go back to check on them and I see Snow sleeping in his favourite spot. So I think, ok, you´re tired, might as well put you back in the cage, right? So I move the sliding panel, which is quite noisy, to get to him, and he hasn´t budged. Deep sleeper, I think, and nudge him. No reaction. I´m like "WTF" and nudge him again, still nothing. So now I´m thinking OMG dude, you can´t have died on me at 6 months here, and I go to pick him up. To my great relief, that does make him stir and he wakes up in my hands. :bow:

He didn´t apreciate being so rudely woken, I could tell, but man, he could have bit me and I´d still have been happy.

oh my gosh, i can only imagine that heart sinking feeling!!!
my rat doesnt sleep heavy at all (thank god!) id get scared everyday lol
:laugh4:

Ugh that happened to me not too long ago with one of my geckos. She was on the floor of her tank, and she's never on the floor, and I walked in and she didn't move, like she usually does. I threw a cricket in for her, and she didn't go for it. I reached in to poke her and she didn't move... oh my god. I was freaking. I started crying and got a shoebox to put her in, I come back, and she's up chasing the cricket, and it turns out all she was doing was laying eggs. Hahaha. Little bugger.

I hate that feeling though, that heart dropping feeling, when you think they're dead. Worst feeling ever. Glad Snow is okay!!

Back