Sneezy Boy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgia Leigh

Recently bought this little guy and brought him home. I understand new home sneezes are a thing but I have never seen it this bad ): is he okay? Not sure on his age as I wasnt told ):

6mths ago i brought home a new rat who kept sneezing, it sounded really bad & i was worried it was a mycoplasma flare up (even though it was a 3 mth old rat lol)...but u know what, it STOPPED. Maybe after a week, possibly it took 2 or 3 wks, i noticed that it stopped...as soon as she made friends with the other rats, thats when i noticed i never hear any sneezing noises (she sounded really bad when she first came home). Its been 6 mths now & the sniffling has not come back. So I wouldn’t be too worried. I could be wrong but i felt the first few weeks, my rats were bullying her a lil bit so she was over stressed but as soon as they accepted her & made her feel welcome, thats when it stopped-not sure if its stress-related but it felt that way. So yeah give it a few weeks, unless u have & its still going on, then i’d be concerned.

6mths ago i brought home a new rat who kept sneezing, it sounded really bad & i was worried it was a mycoplasma flare up (even though it was a 3 mth old rat lol)...but u know what, it STOPPED. Maybe after a week, possibly it took 2 or 3 wks, i noticed that it stopped...as soon as she made friends with the other rats, thats when i noticed i never hear any sneezing noises (she sounded really bad when she first came home). Its been 6 mths now & the sniffling has not come back. So I wouldn’t be too worried. I could be wrong but i felt the first few weeks, my rats were bullying her a lil bit so she was over stressed but as soon as they accepted her & made her feel welcome, thats when it stopped-not sure if its stress-related but it felt that way. So yeah give it a few weeks, unless u have & its still going on, then i’d be concerned.
This boy still looks fairly young to be, about 8-12 weeks. I'm gonna wait a couple weeks to see if it gets better but I've never had it this bad before so I'm being wary. Thanks for the reassurance!

That boy is pretty young just from appearance 5-7 weeks is my guess from the video.
That is congested sneezing and this could turn bad quickly if left untreated. I would start him on antibiotics asap. New home sneezes are dry, sharp and rapid.

That boy is pretty young just from appearance 5-7 weeks is my guess from the video.
That is congested sneezing and this could turn bad quickly if left untreated. I would start him on antibiotics asap. New home sneezes are dry, sharp and rapid.
I'll get him the attention needed asap, thank you!! Is he okay with the other cage mate in there with him?

Back