Snap Pea

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canarats

Snap Pea (my mom calls her "the Fur Rug") is that plump, pretty velveteen rex in the slideshows I just posted - and my avatar. She died today following surgery to remove a "stump pyometra," related to a spay done in August.

She was known for stealing food and other rats' treasures (eg. dried up bits of foliage), hiding food as to cause mass famine, sleeping on cagemates' lungs as to cause sleep apnea, lounging on more slender-boned cagemates as to prevent them from rising, using a litterbox meticulously, and only biting holes in things she owned.

Her sweet, warm fuzziness is already missed.

These pictures (except for the motel, taken Friday) were all taken yesterday at their birthday celebrations. The actual date was the 31st, but we were still travelling. http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/563029061lLlzJL

I'm so sorry. :( She was a beauty.
If you feel up to it, I'd like to know the details of of her surgery and the prior symptoms. We've dealt with a few but never attempted surgery.

Im so sorry for your loss of your girly - she looked like a lovely girl, who had alot of fun with you thoughout her life.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. That girl obviously had chutzpah; no wonder that you miss her.

I find it particularly hard to hear of a rat dying of pyometra. Getting them spayed, I had thought previously, would spare them all the health problems associated with a uterus... not so.

May lovely Snap Pea live on in your memory.

Canarats said:
She was known for stealing food and other rats' treasures (eg. dried up bits of foliage), hiding food as to cause mass famine, sleeping on cagemates' lungs as to cause sleep apnea, lounging on more slender-boned cagemates as to prevent them from rising, using a litterbox meticulously, and only biting holes in things she owned.

I'm so very, very sorry for your sudden loss... I'm glad that you have these wonderful memories of her, though, these are just a few of the things that define who she was, and they show that you truely knew your little girl... I'm very sorry :cry: :hugs:

I'm so sorry about Snap Pea. It must have been extra sad and shocking for you as this was sudden and not expected. What a darling and cheeky rat she was. Be happy and at peace little girl :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you all for honouring my great fuzzgirl with your kind words. They were really consoling, as only another rat lover could understand the dearness of her. I will copy them into their scrapbook with her picture and a lock of fuzz, as I do all my ratties.

Back