Small Angels Rescue participating in The Big Sweep

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamarat2

Not sure if this is in the right area as I admit I havenot been around in ages!!

Working on raising money for Small Angels Rescue and our participation in The Big Sweep this year on April 24th, 2010. What is it you ask? A group of us go out as a team and pick up trash along a designated road in Frederick, MD (states), prior to trash pick up day we fundraise and collect money as sponsorships. Lots of other groups are also participating and the group who comes in first place keeps 95% of the money I beleive (other percentage goes to Volunteer Frederick who organizes the event annually) and all groups below 3rd place keep 80% of the money. This is a HUGE fundraiser for us and the animals we work with and rescue are the ones who benefit!!

Interested in sponsoring us? Visit our Firstgiving website to donate directly online:

http://www.firstgiving.com/smallangels

Hope everyone's rats are doing well!!! Sorry I'm not on often but between work and rescue, well it's nuts....and somehow I manage to stay married.

((((hugs to all))))
Jen

What a great idea, it's a win win situation, cleaning up your environment and raising money for a rescue.
If my company doesn't go on strike, I'll support you. How long does it go on for?

Trash clean up day is April 24th and I want to say that we have to have all of our funds collected and accounted for by April 16th in order for the totals to be attributed to the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd placing.

Back