Slowly ratifying my room :D

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinderwolf

So you may recall that I recently put hard wood floor into my room. Since then I've been slowly rearranging and redecorating my room. So I have decided to go with the rat theme because I can. So here is what I have so far:

My rat silhouettes:

DSCN0746.jpg

DSCN0745.jpg

My door:
DSCN0744.jpg

And my desk:
DSCN0788.jpg

I've got a cute rat I got at value village and a photo of my aunts dog Cypress( RIP) .
DSCN0789.jpg

Then more silhouettes
DSCN0790.jpg

Then a wire/glue rat sculpture I made in art last year in front of my graduation photo.
DSCN0793.jpg

Then a photo frame of my dear pets, all four of my cat in the top ( the black ones have passed on, RIP ) Then my current cats again in the bottom, then my girls on the side. Bought the frame for 5 bucks from the dollar store and adore it. I'm going to be hanging more photos when I buy more frames ( like a frame collage. )
DSCN0794.jpg

And of course my magnets that I have no where to put besides the stereo
DSCN0797.jpg

Then we have the actual rat cage Soon enough I will be able to get the flight cage blasted and coated then I will have a sleek black cage there instead of the bunny cage, but for now this is it :
DSCN0787.jpg

Of course since I took the photo the y and L have fallen off so right now it says Rox & a Jolla lol I'll fix it soon.
And I also replaced the old lime green blanket covering the stand with a far nicer blue sheet. I like it.

So that's in for now but I'm on the look out for more rat stuff :D
Things I plan on doing are: Get a rat calendar for 2012, putting up more posters/ photos and then having more silhouettes amongst them, get a full length mirror, and also put some silhouettes on it, new bed, new dresser, put the phrase " A balanced person has a rat on either shoulder" above my closet liek I did this roxy and la jolla's names.

Any other cute suggestions?
I think I will ask my mom to go to ikea tomorrow with me to get a mirror and look at beds/dressers. While I'm there I will buy some of those cute rat stuffies everyone has :D Fun times. I also want to make some rat stuff too, just for fun and to be creative.I'm thinking like signs and maybe something to hang over my bed ( atm I have a huge paper air plane) I may also hang a painting I did last year of a bunch of rats. :D

I'm so excited :D

hopefloats said:
I love it. I wish my walls were not textured I would love to put some of those up there.

Theya re cute, I put up one pack then I knew I needed more, so I bought 2 more haha since they were on sale ;)

I just thought of something else I may do ( now really want to do ) I have an old light switch plate on there now, it is porcelain and has a fox in one corner and some hound dogs in the other, it is cute but I think I will buy myself a nice cheap one and paint on a portrait of my rats. Course I'll have to ask my parents if I'm allowed to mess with that but I bet they will let me. I would match much better with my room and the theme, plus this fox on never really sat against the wall properly.

jorats said:
Very nice!!! So cute, I love all the rats on the walls. I also love that colour, orangish.

Yup when I painted it I loved the combo of orange blue so I painted 3 walls and the ceiling orange and one wall blue haha. Since, I have had a love hate relationship with it, atm its love haha. When the sun is setting, it shines in my window and my room glows like its on fire :D

Thanks, I'm just eager to get more stuff, I was looking at the rat memorabilia thread and I just want it all! (I really want a rat ring that like wraps around your finger from etsy) My friends and family must think I've gone mad ahaha

Back