Skye's Outdoor Adventure

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lise

Awhile ago I purchased rat harnesses from a member of another forum (and promptly lost one :doh: ) and I just love them. I was always able to take my older calmer rats out on the harnesses, but my two young girls (they are now 6 months old) would fight the harness and wiggle until they got out, every time. I have been working with them in the house, and finally Skye understands that isn't a big deal to have the harness on. YAY!

Which means that Skye got her first outdoor adventure.... And I got an outdoor photoshoot.

This is a blurry picture, but the background is so nice I figured I'd post it anyway. I live right on the river, and back when I thought I was going to breed I wanted to name my place "River Trail Rattery". :lol:

Skye002.jpg

Kinda scared in the grass:

Skye011.jpg

Starting to take a few steps:

Skye004.jpg

Figuring out "Okay, this stuff isn't so bad, I can walk!":

Skye006.jpg

Obligatory tree posing picture:

Skye023.jpg

And, time to go home!

Skye031.jpg

Oh you are right, the first one the background is amazing!
I love the last one too.
That looks like a great harness for rats. Where did you get it?

They are for sale on Rats Rule, made by BarbedDragon. She originally started selling them when I was asking someone to buy me a Four Paws harness.... she sent me this instead. It is similar in type, lightweight, but even better IMO! She is only selling them for $3 and proceeds go to charity. These harnesses are tolerated way better than any of those bulky ones sold in stores. I highly recommend ordering one, for a fun outdoor excursion. :)

I went looking for the rat harness website but I couldn't find it :( what's the address? great pics :D I can't wait to get my boys out there.

That's sooo cute! I bought three different styles of harnesses (one not too unlike yours!) but for some reason they either didn't fit or the rats found a way to escape from them. I should try again by the looks of it!

Back