Skin Problems

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flinkylolaandtassy

Hi I have 4 rats that are all living together they are all female and all about 8 months old.
Today I was petting my one rat Flinky who loves to be rubbed all over her back anyway I was rubbing her and I noticed that she had scabby looking skin on some of her Body anyway I was just wondering what it could be and how i can get rid of it??.
Sidenote all 3 of my other girls dont have any scabby skin and the scabby skin dose not seem to bother Flinky in the least.:help2:

Hi I have 4 rats that are all living together they are all female and all about 8 months old.
Today I was petting my one rat Flinky who loves to be rubbed all over her back anyway I was rubbing her and I noticed that she had scabby looking skin on some of her Body anyway I was just wondering what it could be and how i can get rid of it??.
Sidenote all 3 of my other girls dont have any scabby skin and the scabby skin dose not seem to bother Flinky in the least.:help2:

Can you get a pic for us?

If the scabs are mostly around the neck and chin area, but they do not have to be. I would look the other over very closely and separate their fur cause I'm betting your going to find scabs on them too - I'm just guessing, but sounds like mites to me...

YES, i WOULD ALSO TOTALLY CLEAN THEIR CAGE WITH BLEACH WATER & SPRAY THE FLOOR & SURROUNDING AREA WITH LYSOL OR WINDEX, GOOD LUCK

it is actually not a good idea to use any of them around the rats. If you feel you must use then it has to stay out of the rat area. Not to mention if you are using revo then there isnt a need for it the meds last longer than the mites do. You can stick wood items in the freezer and wash anything else in a washer. or run it through a dish washer if you can.

Thats what i was thinking mites but do i go to the vet and get her treated or can i do something just at home??
I checked all my other rats and no gross scaby skin my hamster dose not have a sign either just flinky

Back