size

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiley506

So this is probably a stupid and random question, but im wondering..
My girlfriend has a dumbo rat like me..and hers is over 21 pounds, shes not over weight (says her vet) shes just huge..my guy tips the scales at 2 pounds :)
I think a huge rat is super cute, and i had no idea they could get that big (without having diabetes or something) and im wondering why hers is so big and my guy isnt, there both the same kinda rattie?..
Do rats grow to fit there environment?
Is a 20 pound rat really healthy?
And is there a way to make your rat bigger..or does it just depend?

20 pounds?!

If her rat is 20+ pounds, then it should be in the record books!

Do you have any photos? Because it can't be true :?

Do Gambian Pouched rats or water rats get that big? I'm not thinking so....

Either you guys had a major bout of misinformation, or it's not a rat.

My overweight tubby cat, with diabetes is 21 pounds... he's ENORMOUS. I have a hard time believing a 20 pound rat exists. My rats are not much bigger then his foot!

obviously i should not take her word for it, i have seen the rat its massive(i could as for a picture) but i didnt actually see the weight on a scale, i feel like an idiot lol but the rat is really really big, now that im thinking about it reasonably id say its about 6 pounds.. the size of a small chiwawa

digitalangel said:
I wanted one too, any type of African rat is illegal to bring into Canada though :(
Proly a good thing in the long run. Are they allowed them in the US? I have seen lots of videos of people with them on youtube.

Back