Sir Remmington, "Remmy" ~ 27/1/08 - 20/10/10

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cigar

On Wednesday I was forced to say goodbye to my best friend. I've never known a gentleman as exceptional as Remmy. His eyes were still bright and he hadn't given up, but the cancer was spreading viciously and I knew he was in pain. I wanted to remember him as the lively, sweet, funny little monkey that he was. I took him shopping that day, we went to walmart and the dollar store. I sang him his favorite song. I fed him yogies right up until they had the mask ready.. and I tried to be the last thing his gorgeous eyes saw before he nodded off. The weekend before I went home to my parents to celebrate an early birthday and I had wished and prayed and begged to have my RooRoo for my birthday but it wasn't meant to be.. So he sang happy birthday with my parents and ate cake in my lap. It was our little celebration.

Remmy was the kind of rat you dream of. The one that you can take anywhere, introduce to any rat, and introduce to any human. He loved everything about life and never met anyone he didn't like, even if the feeling wasn't mutual. He had an appreciation for paper bags like I've never seen. His favorite toy was a feathered puff ball, we used to play tug with it. He gave the best kisses. His favorite song was the Toy Story song "You've got a friend" - his eyes would pop out of his head when I sang it to him. When I took him to work and he got sleepy he would drape himself over my shoulder and nap. When he felt that he needed more love he would sit at the door with his nose wedged between the bars and stare at me. When he was a baby my voice was the only thing that mattered. If my friends and I were sitting on the couch with him and I called, he would literally jump over them to get to me. He was a loner for 6 months of his life until I found a place to live for college that would accept rats, so you can imagine all the time we spent together. He was known to go on bike rides and rode on my shoulder while I walked the dogs. We napped together all the time and he slept right by my head. He often fell asleep on my hand.

Remmy was the kindest, most accepting, most gentle, sweetest, most loving, trusting, intensely loyal, incredibly brave, most precious baby and saying goodbye to him has left me so lonely.. He made me feel special and loved. I think the only person who loved me more than him is my mom.. My heart breaks a little more each day but I know that I did the right thing for him. I just loved him so much, I'll never stop missing him.

Remmy.. thankyou for choosing me. Thankyou for sharing your life with me. Thankyou, best friend. I love you, I love you, I love you x infinity.

cqas5.jpg

11jr805.jpg

7313kh.jpg

May1708018.jpg

24pw01d.jpg

a14z2t.jpg

15hh1lz.jpg

August1608009.jpg

14e790p.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Ol9PBN5iQ

What a beautiful tribute. Sorry to hear of your loss.
RIP Remmington, your mummy with certainly miss you. :heart:

It isn't any easier without him, I still stare at the CN hoping to see his face. I've been feeling so down.. I got so many great birthday wishes today but all I really want is my monkey man. Osiris hasn't skipped a beat, he sleeps until I call him out; we've been napping together when I come home between classes. Today he woke me up before my alarm by grooming my fingers. It's nice to still have rattie love in my life, but there's a massive chunk of my heart that Remmy took with him.. I miss his eyes so much.

Remmy had to have been one of the best rats that I have ever met.

Sorry for your loss.

Thankyou guys. Lindy, I'm glad that you got to meet him and he was so flattered whenever you doted on him.

I think about him every day, I miss his big heart. Before I fall asleep I tell him how much I miss him. Looking at his pictures makes me cry, there are SO many of he and I just hanging out. Without those memories I would be absolutely lost. I miss him more than anything.

Back