Silver

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamarat

Silver came to me as a rescue, a lonely boy in a hamster cage. I intro'ed him to a buddy, also kept alone, and they were friends for 4 months. He was so friendly, always kissing, and lying in my hand for pets. I miss him so much. :heart:

silverbells.jpg

silverbells1.jpg

Such beautiful pictures of your boy, I hadn't seen either of those, he's so beautiful.
I'm so sorry :cry: He should have had much longer for you to cuddle & comfort each other. Hugs to you mamarat, and kisses to Squeeks.
Run free in the biggest cleanest non-cage in the world honey.

Was his full name Silverbells? That's what the picture names are..

It certainly wasn't long enough. Mamarat sure did her best to get him over and over again but the people just didn't want to give up their lonely rat.

For 4 months, Silver knew the love of another rat, he and the other lone boy Squeaker finally got rattie cuddles, rattie grooming and rattie love. They were so happy together. The night that Silver left us, Squeaker went through his cage like a hurricane had hit it... was he looking for his Silver? :sad3:

He will be greatly missed... he was greatly loved.

mamarat said:
Silver came to me as a rescue, a lonely boy in a hamster cage. I intro'ed him to a buddy, also kept alone, and they were friends for 4 months. He was so friendly, always kissing, and lying in my hand for pets. I miss him so much. :heart:

silverbells.jpg

silverbells1.jpg

Search for the silver lining
you'll find in every sky
For in this way, you're being watched
by your most precious guy

It may not show its coming
but when they go away
the love and joy they found with you
will brighten every day.

In every precious moment
in all one hears or sees
the pattering of little paws
will float in every breeze

He's everywhere that you are
Take comfort, joy; be proud
for Silver is the little man
who'll line your every cloud. :rose:

Oh Jen, that is so beautiful. Thank you. Can I keep this poem?

Thank you everyone. All these posts have really helped. Silver :heart:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. His buddy will have a tough time adjusting.

What a lovely little ratty; how sad that he had only four months with you, how wonderful that he got those four months.

Hugs to you, cuddles for Squeaker.

mamarat said:
Oh Jen, that is so beautiful. Thank you. Can I keep this poem?

Thank you everyone. All these posts have really helped. Silver :heart:

Of course you can keep the poem mamarat. It's your poem sweetie. Your's and Silver's. :love6:

mamarat said:
Thank you so much.

Hang in there mamarat. Nothing can ever equal the kind and loving treatment a little rat form finds with people like you. Silver is in a wonderful place and you helped put his little soul there. :love6:

Back